Putting bud in fridge

fatbuds94591

420 Member
my fridge is the only place where i get low humidity (40-50%)

i have my cured bud at 60% but it doesn't drop any kief in the grinder it's too moist.

is it ok to dry it in the fridge for 1-2 days? or could the cold ruin something?

Hiya - yeah 60% is a bit too wet
The fridge won't do the bud any detriment and it might take more than a day or two, most folk bung it in a paper bag
My fridge is not at all dry, so I take a few nugs at a time out of the jar and load up the grinder, putting spare bud in a smaller wooden box
That will dry out totally overnight and be dry for tomorrow and is fresh as you like

Hiya - yeah 60% is a bit too wet
The fridge won't do the bud any detriment and it might take more than a day or two, most folk bung it in a paper bag
My fridge is not at all dry, so I take a few nugs at a time out of the jar and load up the grinder, putting spare bud in a smaller wooden box
That will dry out totally overnight and be dry for tomorrow and is fresh as you like
if my environment is 60%, how can the wooden box dry out the weed further?

is it ok to dry it in the fridge for 1-2 days? or could the cold ruin something?
Oh, yes. Works great. Put the buds in brown paper bags and then in the fridge till properly dry. Once you have gotten them to that stage put the buds in jars to cure.

Here is a link to a thread started in 2017 on the fridge drying. More and more people seem to be using the method or at least their own adaptation.

https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/drziggys-low-and-slow-drying-maximizing-your-harvest.366783/

Oh, yes. Works great. Put the buds in brown paper bags and then in the fridge till properly dry. Once you have gotten them to that stage put the buds in jars to cure.

Here is a link to a thread started in 2017 on the fridge drying. More and more people seem to be using the method or at least their own adaptation.

https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/drziggys-low-and-slow-drying-maximizing-your-harvest.366783/
my buds are already cured tho!

i just wanna dry em out below 60%, just wondering if it's ok in the fridge since freezing bud seems to affect taste and harshness, i wonder if fridge could too

if my environment is 60%, how can the wooden box dry out the weed further?
Perhaps it's the porous nature of wood/cardboard/paper
Put one bud in a plastic/glass pot and another in a wooden/cardboard box
After a week the bud in the pot will not have dried at all, that in the box will be bone dry

Perhaps it's the porous nature of wood/cardboard/paper
Put one bud in a plastic/glass pot and another in a wooden/cardboard box
After a week the bud in the pot will not have dried at all, that in the box will be bone dry
that sounds pretty nuts - this is how i see it: maybe if you cardboard/wood from dry place with low rh, then put it in a place with high rh, it will take a while to saturate so that's why it will dry the weed

but if you leave that cardboard in a room with 60% rh, after a while won't the porous cardboard get saturated and equalize at 60% rh?

i will definitely be trying it out. so i can just use paper? wrapping a gram in a tissue will do?

Not quite; cardboard/paper absorbs moisture and re-breathes it, always transferring between high temp or humidity to lower, fairly constant
It takes a thick paper bag or small box to work as a humidor at about 50% RH or lower, or it will still be sticky (wet) even when the bud feels dry by touch

i just wanna dry em out below 60%, just wondering if it's ok in the fridge since freezing bud seems to affect taste and harshness, i wonder if fridge could too
Got to thinking about your question overnight. With so many people using the fridge method of drying there should be no problem with doing what you are thinking about.

I am thinking though that it might take longer than 1 or 2 days to drop the moisture level in the buds so some experimenting might be needed. Brown paper bags seem to work best; they seem to breath better so there is a consistent exchange of air and humidity. I get the large bags from supermarkets and smaller ones from gas stations and fast food places as long as there is no grease or food stuck to the insides.

Using the white or colored paper bags seem to take longer so I stopped trying to use those.

There are a fair number of msgs from people who have stored their kief and small buds in the freezer while waiting till they have enough for whatever project they want to do. They do not report any problems so you should be good.

Come to think of it, you could try putting a gram or two in a bowl or on a small plate and put that on the shelf in the fridge. Any drying might only take several hours and would give you an idea whether it might work even better with the controlled drying when using the paper bags.

yooooooooooo

put buds from the same jar one in the fridge one in the room, the one that was in the fridge for 1 day DROPS TONS OF KIEFFFF

Back
Top Bottom