Question about first grow, Water temperature, New Member

420 John

Hello everyone on here, i figured instead of introducing myself and asking the question on separate topics, i would get straight to the bottom of things on this one. I have been lurking the forums for years, had multiple accounts some in which were deleted due to inactivity i believe, but aside from that this account has been on here for over a year. I have been registered on multiple forums and if i ever wanted to learn something with good information and accurate facts i come here. Anyways, i am planning on starting my first real grow, (yes, i will have a journal up and ready as soon as my supplies come in, i have started one grow but never finished it due to my anxiety :rip: sadly to say) I have the proper materials on list (again not ordered yet) and even more from my fish aquarium (underwater heater, underwater temperature reading, non used airline tubing, 12" airstone, air pump, etc) So instead of chit-chatting away ill start with question number one, 1. I am using a 4 gallon tub with lid, an aeroponics system, say my plants are 12" tall and mounted in the lid, is it bad to lift the lid off the reservoir with plants still on the lid in net pots? I want to be able to check the temperature of the water so i know i am not stunting or growing anything on the roots (too low or to high of a temperature), not only that, i wanna be able to check the root structure, feed them with nutes, and adjust temperature via the under water heater i own. Question number 2. aside from the airstone i am buying with my hydro system, do you thing the 12" inline airstone is to much? besides these two questions, i have done enough research to make this grow successful. thank you for your help and cheers. :thanks::420:

When I used to live in a legal state and grew I would take my lids off once a week every week till harvest to air bath roots....just be careful not to sway them around too much
2. Don't think you can ever have too much O2

Good luck

When I used to live in a legal state and grew I would take my lids off once a week every week till harvest to air bath roots....just be careful not to sway them around too much
2. Don't think you can ever have too much O2

Good luck

Thank you i appreciate the response. Mid January i should have a journal started, it will start slow and gradually come together. :thanks:

you can lift them you can also put an inspection hole hydro stores sell caps for that purpose
if its your first hydro grow I would keep it simple go with a bubbler first a lot less involved
as for water temps if you can keep it at 69 great if not keep it as close to 69 as you can don't go too far above youll get root issues
when I first started I was gonna go with the whole aeroponics or nft type grow
the guy in the store talked me out of it and im damn glad he did
less money less work less problems
keep it simple and youll get more out of it without having to put so much into it
kiss is the key after you get your feet wet long enough and you want to complicate thing then go for it
the water pump you need to pump the sprayer make heat, the sprayer can clog
timers for the pump more parts more involved not the way you want to do it for a start

you can lift them you can also put an inspection hole hydro stores sell caps for that purpose
if its your first hydro grow I would keep it simple go with a bubbler first a lot less involved
as for water temps if you can keep it at 69 great if not keep it as close to 69 as you can don't go too far above youll get root issues
when I first started I was gonna go with the whole aeroponics or nft type grow
the guy in the store talked me out of it and im damn glad he did
less money less work less problems
keep it simple and youll get more out of it without having to put so much into it
kiss is the key after you get your feet wet long enough and you want to complicate thing then go for it
the water pump you need to pump the sprayer make heat, the sprayer can clog
timers for the pump more parts more involved not the way you want to do it for a start

Cronic, are you telling me the under water heater is a no go? i shouldnt do it? it doesnt put off much light it is like the red of a stove top, i can monitor and set the heater accordingly and monitor it to keep it around 69 degrees, and whenever the water temperature drops the heater kicks in. Any suggestions or ideas are appreciated i didnt quite understand your last post. Thank you for your reply. :thanks:

if you need it to keep above a certain temp then id say use it
if you can keep temp fairly close without it why waste the electricity
just a thought
I don't know what the low end of temp for a res would be as it never would get cold enough for it here where I am
I only worry about the upper end here

if you need it to keep above a certain temp then id say use it
if you can keep temp fairly close without it why waste the electricity
just a thought
I don't know what the low end of temp for a res would be as it never would get cold enough for it here where I am
I only worry about the upper end here

very true couldnt agree anymore, when i start i will monitor temps and go from there. once room temperature rises the room i am using has an air conditioner which cools my entire apartment and with the proper ventilation i am investing into and fans, i should be okay, i know the grow will go or end in spring/summer as i am doing autoflowers, 600 watt MH/HPS bubble ponics, first time grow, should be a big learning curve i am excited and ready to make this my new hobby :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom