Question About SetUp

Jarimuana

Hi guys just a quick one. Im putting x3 aircooled hoods in my 3m x 1.5m tent.

The question is simple. Will i need 6" hoods or 8".

Note that the airflow is isolated from the tents air. So i wont be using these hoods or fans to extract air from the grow room but instead to send air from outside the tent through the tent and back outside. So no need for scrubber.

I will prob have an 8" fan anyway for the carbon filter and air extraction.

My worry was with a 6" fan on 3 air cooled hoods was that by the third lamp i dont imagine the air will be very cool.. more air that passes the better but 8" will no doubt vbe very noisy.. thoughts?

:thanks:

Yes by the third hood it's Gona stay pretty warm. Make sure u can run them in a line if possible to help a bit. An what size lights ? My 400hps stay really cool in my hoods my 1000w not so much but Iam running 6" fans ducting an hoods. I'd go 8" if I had to do it again

X3 600w i was thinking a TD-Silent they run high numbers at low volume. It would be a straight line through the tent if i can get away with a 6" fan then it stays straight. If i need an 8" ill probably put a 90 degree bend after the third hood to go in to the loft where id keep the 8"

X3 600w hoods with 6" ducting and fans

combined with the 8 inch extractor fan with carbon scrubber than would be dealing with the tent air.

With both of those i can keep temps okay right.. hopefully lol?

Can I add a second 6" fan to the air cooled hoods instead of having just x1 8" ?

The fan size doesn't matter, it's all about the amount of air the fan can move some 6" fans can move the same as some 8". Also check out KSA box fans, which are are lot quieter than regular in line fans.

This is correct but an 8" fan will generally move more air. Not always but usually. My 6" is 435 cfm an I wouldn't even think of cooling 3 hoods with it unless 600w or less but that's just my experience an opinion

Back
Top Bottom