Question [Oil Making Related]

JackLamaRomeo

Okay so today was my first day working with herbal and flower oils. My Grandma is a hippie and she makes oils, oil sprays, massage oils, facial creams, burn creams, and skin creams. She has a small business and shes gonna teach me all her secrets and recipes to me and I hope to inhert the business when she passes. I plan to make a booth at the Saturday Market (A gathering of minors, elders, and everyone to come be hippie and smoke pot infront of the Eugene courthouse and to sell a various of things.) and the Oregon Country Fair. Well I learned the process of how to make oils from all flowers and herbs and I was wondering, can you use that same method (Soaking the flower/herb in 100 proof vodka to extract the oils then seperate them.) to make oils from Ganja? I mean it is the flower/bud of the Marijuanna plant and it is a herb too :p So ya any suggestions, advice, or instructions would be nice. I wanna try making Ganja creams or even Budder cause I also heard that how to make Budder is to evaporiate all the achohol out of the oil and that would just be amazing! lol XD Okay so ya post some feedback. :bong:

Ya I heard thats how you make honey oil, and then there iso oil which is made from alchohol. But I dont know how to make iso oil for sure. :p This is just stuff i've read.

I was planning to use Cannabis Oil (Iso Oil) just like any other kind of herbal oils. I would make like skin creams and facial creams with the THC from the oil in it and I'm pretty sure from my research that the THC would soak from the skin into the blood stream but not positive. Another use for the oil is to make Budder or atleast attemp. lol And I also think you can smoke the oil by itself if you like top it on a bowl because its like hash oil, but once again not positive. x_x

Lol ya I tried that and I was reading something on it and it sounded really complicated. lol But I was really blazed so ya. :p Okay I'l try searching up instructions again. But if anyone already knows if the method I said works your advice would be nice. :]

Hello JackLamaRomeo,

Yes the process your grandmother uses to extra essential oils from herbs and flowers will work with MJ. How ever Unlike the herbs and flowers where the oils can be separated from alcohol you need to allow the alcohol to evaporate in a tray. The MJ oils could be separated from the alcohol but since THC dissolves into the alcohol its self you need to allow the alcohol time to evaporate which would then leave behind the oils and THC in a nice thick gooey mess.

Back
Top Bottom