Question on cloning

4theist20

I think that I may have a stunted plant. However, it seems to be growing well and I have a lot of healthy branches for cloning. My question is will the clones also be stunted? Any responses appreciated.

Every time you clone you lose some genetic integrity. So if your plant is already a clone of a clone that may be a problem.

If you started the plant from seed, there may be some kind of genetic or nutritional issue with your current plant. The clone may or may not be fine. Let us know what happens.

Thanks! Now that I feel like I am treading new(ish) territory I am even more enthusiastic about my grow. I will let you know what has happened so far...

Germinated my seeds, planted in miracle grow potting soil. They sprouted, grew a couple leaves and then strong winds in the area killed most. One survivor had the entire top broken off. It was just a stem sticking out of the ground. Anyway, it has always seemed to me a stunted plant, but it grew slowly. 17in. now. Took a clone to see what would happen. So far it looks healthy. I have noticed a small amount of new leaf growth. Been about.... 2 weeks since clone was taken.

Just because I said I would follow up on this I thought I'd let you guys know what happened thus far. One of the two clones I took off the stunted mother seems to be doing very well. I expect it to surpass the mother's size in a few weeks. Since I'm new at this cloning business, I think I may have fucked up the other clone.

I will let you know if it turns out to be a healthy plant. So far it looks like you can get healthy clones from stunted plants. Very nice! (Borat style)

Back
Top Bottom