Question on pinning a plant down

Wyld

Hey all,

Firstly I don't know if I've posted this in the wrong forum (mod's you might help me move it if incorrect, cheers).

I was just wondering if the plant will start to shoot roots from half way up the stem if it has been bent down to touch soil. I have topped one plant and was thinking of sending the other main stem down to the soil. Indoor growing in pots and I was going to experiment to see if I could maximise yield in a similar way to lst'ing. Has anyone tried this and could you offer suggestions??? Am I just wasting my time and should I just stick to LST and supercropping.

Cheers in advance

Wyld

I have seen roots start lower.

May snap it trying to bring the top down that low.

See if I understand,
you want to bend her over till the main stem touches soil
to see if it will root?
Just get some peat and wrap round the stem where you want the roots and secure with cheese cloth and keep moist. Should have roots coming out in 2 weeks.

Thanks mr mago, it was the roots that start (sometimes) just above the soil level that got me thinking to this..some plants will allow lower branches to raise vertically as if "main" stems themselves (with other branches then forming off these) if the plant has been pinned to the ground. Like you said try it and see I guess.

Wasn't too concerned with snapping the stem as I was going to "train" it with bonsai wire to grow in a horizontal fashion after the first set of leaves proper started.

Cheers for the reply...I'll let the forum know how it goes.

Wyld

Back
Top Bottom