Question!

Koco

Thanks for the tips! I am a first time grower. New seedlings just pushed up out of the soil! Dont think I have ever been this excited about a plant! I used a compost, potting soil mix, I pre watered it with Miracle Grow/Water mixture two week before I planted. I germntd the seeds with paper towel method, after 24 hours I just put them into the soil. I spray bottle watered them along the top of the soil. I don't think I need to worry about fertilizing at all for a while because I added miracle grow and compost before I planted the seedlings ....do you?

Re: What are common mistakes made by first time growers?

I think I used some of every bit of advice I was told for a "GOOD GROW". Like we do for my mother's tomato plants, I mixed in a little ash from our wood burning stove, compost, Miracle Gro, then I watered the soil good. When I planted the seeds I was broke. I didnt have the money to get lamps for the indoors grow, so I placed them outside. 2 days later therer are four plants that have pushed up out of the soil. I have been spraying them with a mist sprayer, and the get the whole day in the sun, until the sun sets behind the trees, then it's partial sun. I have two of them that are really close together, is that bad? If so should do anything now? They look so fragile, three have purple stem, one does not, and they are fairly thin.

Back
Top Bottom