Leaves curling down

Holla4me

Hi. My leaves are curling down and even folding slightly.
I’m a soil guy in a tent. I have a good soil mix with potting mix, seedling mix, mushroom compost and perlite.
I’ve been giving them a light Miracle Grow mix at about 2 weeks intervals.
Just got a soil tester. Ph between 6-7. Soil too wet.
Not sure if too much love with the nitrogen but def too wet.
I have them in a tent 18-6 veg.
Any suggestions ?
How can I dry them out a bit as I need to adjust my watering too ?
Cheers.

image.jpg

Your plants don't look bad, the soil does look wet. Too much water will cause the tips to point towards the soil. @Emilia has a great guide to watering.

Hi. My leaves are curling down and even folding slightly.
I’m a soil guy in a tent. I have a good soil mix with potting mix, seedling mix, mushroom compost and perlite.
I’ve been giving them a light Miracle Grow mix at about 2 weeks intervals.
Just got a soil tester. Ph between 6-7. Soil too wet.
Not sure if too much love with the nitrogen but def too wet.
I have them in a tent 18-6 veg.
Any suggestions ?
How can I dry them out a bit as I need to adjust my watering too ?
Cheers.
Hello @Holla4me cute ladies.
Do you lift the pots before rewatering, might be easiest way for you to tell when required.
Otherwise they will droop when thirsty.
Just give them more time before refeeding.
You should be ph,ing your mix to 6.3 prior to feeding.
I think you would benefit from proper nutrients.
Take the guess work out for you.
@GeoFlora Nutrients would be perfect for you.
Easy to use and they have everything you need.
Stay safe.
Bill

a pic in natural light would help

watering probly your culprit,, plant structure looks fine,, some leaves curling up, some down,,

you need to control the watering before anything else can be figured out

karma sent friend,,

one thing 'not' to do,, is up the nutes to fix the problem,, not yet,, fix the watering first pls

let them dry out to the wilting stage,, near as can be,, then lift the pot,, this is what it should feel like before you water it again

Cheers. Have repotted just now. Flushed with rainwater overnight. Back under the lights. No water till I see the stress indicators. That should give me an idea of watering times.
Thanks again.

Your plants don't look bad, the soil does look wet. Too much water will cause the tips to point towards the soil. @Emilia has a great guide to watering.

a pic in natural light would help

watering probly your culprit,, plant structure looks fine,, some leaves curling up, some down,,

you need to control the watering before anything else can be figured out

karma sent friend,,

one thing 'not' to do,, is up the nutes to fix the problem,, not yet,, fix the watering first pls

let them dry out to the wilting stage,, near as can be,, then lift the pot,, this is what it should feel like before you water it again
Cheers, am addressing that now. Have repotted in dryer mix to draw the water out. Do t plan to water for a while and just watch and observe till they show signs of needing a drink.
Thanks heaps.

Don’t grow in soil but agree with all above from experience with my ‘dirty mothers’ lol. Dry them out a bit before making major changes. Look good tho, best I can tell, but when posting pics try to get them out of the blur pls realm as a lot of stuff can hide in that color. Don’t see anything ‘bad’ tho - really good catch early on. I WISH I stayed on top of muh girls like that @Holla4me

Don’t grow in soil but agree with all above from experience with my ‘dirty mothers’ lol. Dry them out a bit before making major changes. Look good tho, best I can tell, but when posting pics try to get them out of the blur pls realm as a lot of stuff can hide in that color. Don’t see anything ‘bad’ tho - really good catch early on. I WISH I stayed on top of muh girls like that @Holla4me
Cheers. Still learning. Haven’t moved to hydro. Old school but now with LED. Lots to learn. Grew as a kid haven’t since till now.

when in soil you should feed every other time, and give plain pH adjusted water inbetween. You called a rainwater watering a flush earlier, as if giving only water was actually flushing the soil. A flush is 3x the container size of fresh water in one sitting, to "flush" the salts out of the soil. Surely this is not what you did with rainwater, you simply watered.

F/w/f/w... all through the grow... it is how soil was designed to be used.

And like they said above, let them dry out all the way to the bottom before watering again. Lift the container, and if you can feel ANY water weight in there at all, it is not yet time to water.

Cheers. Still learning. Haven’t moved to hydro. Old school but now with LED. Lots to learn. Grew as a kid haven’t since till now.
Funny - just switched to LED from HID grow before last and same learning curve. Every change brings us just a tick closer to these little ladies….

Cheers. Appreciate the feedback and guidance. By flush I meant I watered them through 3 times with them draining overnight. I re-potted them this morning into dryer mix so the wetness was dispersed into the upsizing of the pot. No water and back under the lights. I’ll monitor them daily and hopefully this perks them back up.

when in soil you should feed every other time, and give plain pH adjusted water inbetween. You called a rainwater watering a flush earlier, as if giving only water was actually flushing the soil. A flush is 3x the container size of fresh water in one sitting, to "flush" the salts out of the soil. Surely this is not what you did with rainwater, you simply watered.

F/w/f/w... all through the grow... it is how soil was designed to be used.

And like they said above, let them dry out all the way to the bottom before watering again. Lift the container, and if you can feel ANY water weight in there at all, it is not yet time to water.
Cheers. Appreciate the feedback and guidance. By flush I meant I watered them through 3 times with them draining overnight. I re-potted them this morning into dryer mix so the wetness was dispersed into the upsizing of the pot. No water and back under the lights. I’ll monitor them daily and hopefully this perks them back up.
This was meant for you.

That’s ought to do them right Holla! Good luck

Back
Top Bottom