Amateur Grow

The Pupil Gro

Hello, I am currently growing a plant which I am watching intently. I am yet to over water it, over heat it, etc...
However, my question is: ''is miracle grow all purpose compost soil suitable for a plant from seedling to flowering stages'' and ''is miracle grow all purpose fertilizer suitable if diluted and administered properly suitable for a plant''. I do know that miracle gro fertilizer is frowned upon yet I saw an argument on YouTube where a man said it worked as long as the plant was given the correct dose at least once every 2 days. Is this true?

One last thing, my light source is a 100 watt basking spot Lamp. I am only currently seeing the sprout 1 centimetre out of the soil surface. This is my third day including germination.

Any information at all as to what I should change or keep doing is much appreciated!:thanks:

Well in my experience i ran into more trouble with MG soil then the nutes. The soil runs pretty hot plus it isn't the right npk ratio for flowering. As far as your light goes im not sure what exactly a basking light is but if you can swap out for some cfls and understand that a 100watt cfl is really a 26watt the 100w thing just means its equivalent to a 100w incandescent so you might want to get a few cfls if you don't want the plant to stretch and be scrawny.

I always read that MG soil is no good for growing but that is all I have readily accessible in my area and that's all I use and it works fine. Once I had a harvest I started mixing 50/50 new MG soil and used MG soil to stretch it longer and to keep it from being too hot. That has seemed to be exactly the same. As far as bites I have cheap kmart brand bloom and veg nutes and molasses from Kroger. My yields are around 1g/w with a dense t5 light, 2liter pots, sog and I'm happy there.

Back
Top Bottom