Question?

blueberrykush#1

wat is the lowest amount of watts a flourescent light can have that won't hurt my plants? thanks for answering my questions you're probably gettin tired of answering all my lame questions.

:hmmmm: Most flourescent(sp) lights won't even hurt your plants .......you could put the light about an inch away ....without a problem ...........They just don't get hot enough .....And those flouro brand lights .......they can mimic up around 600 watts and only use about 150 watts .........They work good for the blue color spectrum........for vegitative state and early growth ..............:smokin: unless I'm just too stoned to get that right .............Oh well ..........somebody will let me know I guess .............:laughtwo: :laughtwo: :smokin:

alright some people might not have understood wat my question was so here it is again a flourescent light puts out so many watts and the amount of watts ranges between different brands what is the lowest amount of watts a flouroscent light should have that is used to grow with.
i dont want to get a light that wont let my plant grow sorry if i confused anybody.

flourlas are good for veg and flowerin... and for ur question are u askin what is the least amout of light u can put on a plant to get it to grow. if so i would say the least i have seen a gorw is wiht two 20 watt flourals so 40 watt.. it was my first grow and did fine just not going to get a big yeild and the plat will develope slowly

I wouldn't use anything for growing lower than the 100watt cfl bulbs. Officially I think it is a minimum of 50watt per square foot. Hope that helps. I use the 250watt cfl bulbs and I think SMP uses the 500 watters so it's up to you. The more light the better.

do flourescent lights work well for budding too?

HAHA420 said:
do flourescent lights work well for budding too?
:hmmmm: Well.......yes and no ...first the no part ........Those kind of lights mimic the blue color spectrum of early spring to summer ..........so no they won't work "properly".......now for the yes part ..........For them to work for flowering ..you need to have a light filter installed ......basically .....a lightly tinted red lense if ya will ........If you buy the flouro brand light fixture and bulb .......you would need to buy a 125 watt bulb ........This is the same as a 600 watt light ......more or less ........close to 5000 lumens I think ......All you need to remember .........is that flourecent lights are the cheaper way to grow ........just not the best ........:smokin:

i am considering flourescents for a closet grow for the heat and energy usage mainly

i use the 200 watters i got 1 for every 2 pants that i will be growing but the one i started earlyer has two blubs on it

Back
Top Bottom