Racefan Help

Cashandjan

420 Member
I was super impressed reading your thread explaining rust...... especially that it took over on an already stressed plant...... my girls have been through a heatwave of 40-45 Celsius with no problems..... unfortunately now the issue here in interior BC Canada is grasshoppers...... tried neem no go...... hiring bastards with safers...... but the only thing that deters them is garlic!...... so I've been spraying garlic and water with touch of soap twice daily...... no issues.... added soil amendments which I've added for last two months .... insect frass/blood meal/ greensand/ rock dust mix and seasoil (compost)...... I watered well as it's hot and roots have taken up bottomless raised planter..... I worked in nursery watering for 10 yrs so pretty good on that one...... but next day I had FLAG .... like when you overwater..... but very random..... today rust spots .....I've been removing affected leaves to no avail.... it keeps going..... HELP WHATS WRONG

Hey Cashandjan,

Welcome to 420. Take a look at first paragraph of this link How to ask for grow support. To help we need more info and pics would be nice. Canbabis plants need high N but lower PK in veg, in flower they need little to no N but higher PK, yet they need calcium and magnesium all the way thru.

What kind of soil? Are you adjusting ph? The soil amendments are ok but most here cook the amendments into the soil for 30 days or longer so the microbes can break them down for uptake by the roots. Might want to forego removing damaged leaves for now, typically it just ensures the deficiency climbs up to the next pair of leaves.

Drop more info on us and others will check in soon

Hey Cashandjan,

Welcome to 420. Take a look at first paragraph of this link How to ask for grow support. To help we need more info and pics would be nice. Canbabis plants need high N but lower PK in veg, in flower they need little to no N but higher PK, yet they need calcium and magnesium all the way thru.

What kind of soil? Are you adjusting ph? The soil amendments are ok but most here cook the amendments into the soil for 30 days or longer so the microbes can break them down for uptake by the roots. Might want to forego removing damaged leaves for now, typically it just ensures the deficiency climbs up to the next pair of leaves.

Drop more info on us and others will check in soon
wish I found and read this sooner. Removed the damaged leaves from my other plant lols... Thanks for posting this... I'll lay off the scissors hehehe.

7692A99D-6B0B-4E10-A097-E081017A3561.jpeg
BE9B5902-0A1A-4B28-A02A-EA95CC79329F.jpeg

you've got NPK & trace covered with soil amendments but are lacking calcium & magnesium, mag powers up chlorophyll. dunno exactly what all is going on here, thinking somewhere between pest, rust & deficiency…..

wettable sulfur is effective treating rust, it’s a miticide and a preventative for pm, it can be mixed with water for foliar spray plus it’s a mineral the plants need anyway. if the compost isn’t well aged or there is not enough manure or humus then the process of breaking down the compost can tie up available nitrogen. i know you mentioned grasshoppers but have you scoped or louped the leaf undersides for pest eggs?? better pics might help too kinda since some of that business kinda looks like thrips or aphids

color is off…. hungy plant, nutrient lock out…. think you need @bobrown14 to look at ya.

Back
Top Bottom