First grow & I need help with leaf problems

Szalvias

I'm having persistent leaf issues. They are browning and curling. From what I've looked at online so far it seems it's either a nitro deficiency or nute burn, but i've no idea which. I've been giving them plain RO water for 3 days trying to fix it, thinking it was nute burn.
You can't tell from these pics due to the grow lights, but the first plant is and always has been a deep rich green. The second is and always has been a much lighter green, although it's gotten just a bit lighter recently.
these first two are a Pure Power Plant from Nirvana. This just started with this plant.
20170627_111543.jpg
20170627_111538.jpg

This one is just some plant I found. It was a lot worse, with some leaves curling up and turning brown completely. I removed those leaves thinking they would just drain the plant and do no good.
20170627_111534.jpg

Information about my grow.
I've been growing under 2x300w LED lights. I have a Pure Power Plant from Nirvana and another that I just happened to find. They are both about 2 months old. I'm growing in a 30/70 mix of perlite/coco coir. I've been watering daily with the General Hydroponics line of fertilizers (all 3 + calmag).I've been using 1/2 tsp floramicro, 1/2tsp Floragrow, 1/8tsp florabloom, and 1tsp calmag per gallon of water. During the first few weeks I also used rhizotonic. I've been using "Kelp me kelp you" from fox farms originally along with the fertilizer and now just in a foliar spray. I'm using RO water that tested from the jug at 16 ppm, ph'd to 5.8 and that is also the water I'm using for nutrient solution, ph'd after adding nutrients to 5.8. The plants are 3' under the grow lights and they automatically shut off for 6 hours a day. The ambient temperature is ranging from 72-78, usually it stays around 73-75. I have a small fan blowing air over the plants, between them and the lights.. it's enough to make the leaves move just a little bit. I have another fan ensuring air circulation throughout the room.

re: First grow & I need help with leaf problems

I'm having persistent leaf issues. They are browning and curling. From what I've looked at online so far it seems it's either a nitro deficiency or nute burn, but i've no idea which. I've been giving them plain RO water for 3 days trying to fix it, thinking it was nute burn.
You can't tell from these pics due to the grow lights, but the first plant is and always has been a deep rich green. The second is and always has been a much lighter green, although it's gotten just a bit lighter recently.
these first two are a Pure Power Plant from Nirvana. This just started with this plant.
20170627_111543.jpg
20170627_111538.jpg

This one is just some plant I found. It was a lot worse, with some leaves curling up and turning brown completely. I removed those leaves thinking they would just drain the plant and do no good.
20170627_111534.jpg

Information about my grow.
I've been growing under 2x300w LED lights. I have a Pure Power Plant from Nirvana and another that I just happened to find. They are both about 2 months old. I'm growing in a 30/70 mix of perlite/coco coir. I've been watering daily with the General Hydroponics line of fertilizers (all 3 + calmag).I've been using 1/2 tsp floramicro, 1/2tsp Floragrow, 1/8tsp florabloom, and 1tsp calmag per gallon of water. During the first few weeks I also used rhizotonic. I've been using "Kelp me kelp you" from fox farms originally along with the fertilizer and now just in a foliar spray. I'm using RO water that tested from the jug at 16 ppm, ph'd to 5.8 and that is also the water I'm using for nutrient solution, ph'd after adding nutrients to 5.8. The plants are 3' under the grow lights and they automatically shut off for 6 hours a day. The ambient temperature is ranging from 72-78, usually it stays around 73-75. I have a small fan blowing air over the plants, between them and the lights.. it's enough to make the leaves move just a little bit. I have another fan ensuring air circulation throughout the room.
What is the humidity in your grow area, and how often are you watering?

humidity is now at 70, but it usually stays in the 60's. I'm watering once daily.

My guess is..humidity is your issue. Or was at one point, those leaves look like they were holding to much water and things dried out to quickly. Do you know what the humidity is during lights on vs lights off?

My guess is..humidity is your issue. Or was at one point, those leaves look like they were holding to much water and things dried out to quickly. Do you know what the humidity is during lights on vs lights off?

My meter has a max and min. max is 72, min is 56. usually when i look it's 60 something. other than that I do not know.

My meter has a max and min. max is 72, min is 56. usually when i look it's 60 something. other than that I do not know.

420-magazine-mobile1171846411.jpg

Does it look similar to this? If not.. the next time your at a lowes, homedepot or even Walmart I would grab one if you have the spare moneys.
If your watering every day then I'm sure the humidity is getting much higher during lights out. Nute burn would be more towards the tips. You want to let those roots stretch searching for water/nutes so maybe try to push the watering to every other or even every 3rd day.

That's the exact same meter I have!
I'll start watering every other day for now. I had the impression that with coco/perlite watering too frequently wasn't an issue, though. Should i try to lower the humidity? I have some damp-rid if that would work, but that's about it.

That's the exact same meter I have!
I'll start watering every other day for now. I had the impression that with coco/perlite watering too frequently wasn't an issue, though. Should i try to lower the humidity? I have some damp-rid if that would work, but that's about it.

Oh I'm sorry, for some reason I thought you were talking about a prong reader. Lol blonde moment, happens a lot ..
Going from 72 to 56 is the drop I'm talking about. If you have the free time google how a cannabis plant process's water. When the soil/coco is wet/damp and the humidity is high like 72 it has no way to process the water so it basically sits in the pores of the leaves. As far as the "proper" way to water in coco I'm sure it varies like soil. If you head over to my grow journal you will find a few growers using coco as the medium. I'm sure someone could suggest something that may help.

Back
Top Bottom