Rate your Light Timers

high 420kwats

I have looked over this page everywhere for info on what kind of timer or controller would be best to use. Need help please. Thank's in adavnce.

They all work about the same. If you don't mind having 15 or 30 minute intervals, then the cheap timers with the pull out / push in pins work fine. I have a digital one that works really well. It lets you set your timer to as little as 1 minute. The only problem I have come across is that some timers only have a two prong plug outlet. You really need a three prong plug if you are plugging a ballast into it.

"2 outlet digital timer. 1 minute on/off increments. 15 amp max load. 120V. UL approved.

It can run both Metal Halide & High Pressure Sodium bulbs, without you having to tell the ballast which bulb is screwed in.

It comes with a 5 year warranty.

Offers the dimmable feature, along with the S-Bright which pumps it up 10% past the bulbs original capacity. Keep in mind this will diminish the life of the bulb over time.

Also comes with both the 120V & 220V cords, which is a feature not all ballasts have."

That is one hell of a timer!

Anybody else want to chime in on your timers? Just looking for one that is highly recommeded.

In a perfect world id be running on digitals but for now I have a few 2plug analog timers with 30min intervals(good for GLR method). Just watch out because the analog timers are easily thrown off if you or something bumps into them

I use timers made for electric hot water heaters, $45.00 at Home Depot. I've got (4) 400 watt hps on one timer and (2) MH on another timer. 15 min intervals ( push pull tabs ) Works just as well as the more expensive 'made for hydroponics' stuff.

Back
Top Bottom