Re: Greetings from Flagstaff

jayboyicu

hello all i'm kind of new to this can anyone tell me how can you tell the potency of yor bud's do anyone care is there a tester that can tell you the potency please all reply

Greetings

High and welcome to 420 Magazine :welcome:

I moved your post to it's own thread so we could welcome you properly.

Yes there are ways to test your buds for potency but at this stage it's not practical or cost effective for the individual.

There was a company called cannalyse that developed a home test kit, but their web site has been dead for a year. They were calling this testing cannalytics and characterizing it as semi-quantitative testing. It was a colorometric technology similar to a diabetic test strip; i.e. the stronger the color and which color could be compared to a chart which would tell you the THC, CBD and CBN range.

Quantitative cannabinoid analysis is done GC (Gas Chromatography) and mass spectometry; still a bit pricy and more cost effective for batch testing at the crop level at this stage. There are companies out there getting ready to bring this technology to market on a more consumer scale; but I don't know of any where it's actually been released.

We live in exciting times.

Back
Top Bottom