Red fan leaf stems below topping

johnehazeharvester

I noticed red stems at points of stress. Just below topping and adjacent to my LST pipe cleaners. I suspect others have seen this many times. But it's new to me.
PXL_20230304_040739682.jpg
PXL_20230304_040656781.jpg
PXL_20230304_040634896.jpg
PXL_20230304_040620381.jpg

Red petioles aren’t usually a problem unless you’ve got other issues showing. They’re more used to confirm a problem than to diagnose one. If everything else is healthy and happy it’s likely genetics. I can see other colored petioles in the image that aren’t at points of stress (physical stress won’t cause red petioles), and overall I don’t see any other indicators of deficiency.

When your stem starts striping red then you’re likely looking at a K flag, however like @SmokingWings said, those white dots are interesting. Is it dusty where you’re growing?

I'm more concerned about the tiny white dots that are showing on some of those older fan leaves.
Good catch, I didn't see them! Yes, those are concerning! Get a good loop or microscope and check the undersides of the leaves for potential spider mites. The upside is, if you've got em, you're still in veg, so you have more options than if you were in flower.

I'm more concerned about the tiny white dots that are showing on some of those older fan leaves.
I think it is from my foliar spray that had aloe powder in it. It wipes off easy and it is actually light brown when inspecting. It is very similar to the powder I put in my foliar. But I am certainly no expert and do not know exactly what white mildew looks like in person
PXL_20230304_191329929.jpg
PXL_20230304_191311019.jpg

I think it is from my foliar spray that had aloe powder in it. It wipes off easy and it is actually light brown when inspecting. It is very similar to the powder I put in my foliar.
If all those small white dots wipe off with a damp cloth then not a problem.

But I am certainly no expert and do not know exactly what white mildew looks like in person
It is not mildew but insects that I was thinking of. And, if it is insects then Spider Mites would be the first suspicion and concern.

Thing is, at this stage, they are almost impossible to see without using a decently powered loupe or microscope. Eventually they will be larger and then some of the adults can be seen on the top or bottom of the leaf fingers without any magnifying tool.

And once that is all taken care of we can get to the "tinsel growth" that @013 is understandably concern about.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom