Reduce Nutes with LEDs?

DravetDad

I started growing with an all LED setup and so far really like the lights. One problem that I've seen is that my temperatures are hard to keep high enough since the lights don't really put off a lot of heat. So I'm working on that, but had some nute burn that seems like it might be an LED specific problem.

As I said, temps in the tent are a bit low (low 70's high 60's) because I am growing in tents in my garage. I cycle my exhaust fan 30 off 15 on so that the tents have the ability to build up some heat, but I don't want the humidity getting too high. I am watering once a week, couple times stretching on to 8 or 9 days before watering. They just don't dry out as often. So every time I water it is time for weekly nutrients. I'm thinking that the reduced amount of water that the plants are using means that there is more opportunity for nutes to build up in the soil. I am using the General Hydroponics Simple waste to drain schedule, and I'm only doing them at half strength.

Has anyone else using LEDs had to back off of nutrients or tone them down a lot because of temperature issues?

i have never used led but want to
so i am not good for answers
i will bump your post to give someone with more knowledge a chance to answer
i am curious about this subject
good luck and take care

Its probably just your temps. My plant was lookin weird for a little too and i threw a thermometer in there and it was hittin 65 during lights on so i closed my window and temps went up to 75 and she took off.

Its probably just the cold temps doin it.

Ive recently switched to leds and have a problem keeping it warm enough but still have my hps runnin in flower so it keeps the room warm for half the day.

Hello Drave, short answer yes. I have reduced the amount of nutes/feed times while using leds. Not so much the plant eats less, its just there is less evaporation of nutes/water since there is far less radiant heat. If you are switching from hps to led, the difference with watering will be noticeable shortly. As stated earlier, the plants dont eat or drink any less, you arent losing as much to evaporation. This is in MY experience. Your results may differ pending environment issue/controls or lack there of. Hope this helps.

Stay Frosty.:Namaste:

Hey DD, I am no pro but growing for the first time and with led so I can't compare to any other lights. I have noticed that as soon as I add any sort of nutes I get burning at the tips immediately and I only started off with 1/8 of recommended dosage. Now I'm in flowering stage and they seem to take nutes better. I have a journal started here called tale of 6 seeds if you want to check it out. It documents everything I've done so far. Good luck with your grow.

Back
Top Bottom