Replacing HPS Light bulb

MOTAvation

420 Plant of the Month: Third Place Winner
I had question about replacing my 250w HPS bulb, A while back i accidently ordered two HPS ballast ready for home use i was wondering if i could use the bulb from the other system and use it on the one im using.Their the same brand the only diference is that on the bottom of the bulb where it says made in the U.S and the brand, one of them has # 0905 and the other is 1005, does that matter? Is it the lumens it puts out?

I had question about replacing my 250w HPS bulb, A while back i accidently ordered two HPS ballast ready for home use i was wondering if i could use the bulb from the other system and use it on the one im using.Their the same brand the only difference is that on the bottom of the bulb where it says made in the U.S and the brand, one of them has # 0905 and the other is 1005, does that matter? Is it the lumens it puts out?

It s/b alright dude. As long as it is a 250w HPS bulb and of the same form-factor then your good to go!
It does not matter about the manufacturer of the bulbs i.e Phillips, Sylvania or one of the more expensive ones!

btw. can ypu provide me more info on how you acquired the 250w ballast and igniter's?
I am looking to upgrade my 150 that i ripped out of a security lamp I bought at a automotive surplus store for $50 with bulb.
It's works not bad for my flowering area that is only 30"L X "30"W X 40"H

I think the 150w I currently have is bare minimum for that coverage so in the long run a may grab another 150 for the same place for a 300W total or get the 250 getup!!!

If I were you I wouldn't even bother with a 250w bulb. Believe me, I had a 250w system. In my opinion it is not good for anything more than 1 flowering female. Save your money and step up to 400w, the coverage is much better. I learned this the hard way by buying alot of underpowered equipment when I started thinking I could get by for cheap. Save your money so you can get the 400w from the start and avoid wasting your money.

Back
Top Bottom