Requesting help for outdoor grow start-up costs

jmillz1

Hey guys,

I hope this is the right place to be requesting this information but here it goes.
I own a company based here in Texas and we're finishing up our business plan for our extraction/grow operations. I got all the information I needed on the extraction side of things from the company we are working with who manufactures the machines.

However, I have been scouring Google for information but can't seem to find specific numbers on the start-up costs for an outdoor grow operation. We're going to be utilizing the 2018 Farm Bill to produce industrial hemp and CBD rich strains that we will harvest and process through out extraction facility. If you can answer the questions below or point me in the right direction where I can gather the information myself, I would greatly appreciate your help!

The numbers I am looking for are as follows:
How many growers/workers per acre would be required?
What sort of commercial equipment (and costs) is required for the planting/maintenance/harvest periods of the plant? (irrigation systems, combines, tractors, etc.)
What are the average upkeep costs throughout the grow/harvesting period?
Is it better to start with seeds or clones? (I've seen mixed answers on this)
What fertilizer is recommended and what would the cost be?

I think that about covers the basics and I can extrapolate the numbers to accommodate our business plan. Thank you in advance for your support!

Back
Top Bottom