Reusing Butter Pulp

QuixoticQlip

Hey everyone,
So a few months back I completed my first batch of butter. I came up with a pretty detailed method, and everything went great except for one thing: I was worried about overcooking in the crockpot so I only ended up letting it cook for 1/2 hour to an hour. I finished like normal, but instead of discarding the pulp (which is pretty much a clump of medicine and unreclaimed butter), I froze it and thought that next time I'd just throw it in my mix and let the whole thing cook longer.

It was pretty well frozen, so the buttery part of it I'm sure hasn't spoiled, but I'm curious about the medicine portion- have I already sucked all the good stuff out with my 1 hour cook? I had premium stuff and the end product could have been better (but was still the best results I've personally gotten from cooking). I'm assuming if I throw it in for a 6 hour cook it will get it that little better.

If it does work, I'm considering making the step of adding the last cooks pulp to be a part of my regular routine in the future. Can it help? Can it hurt? Is it a big unknown that nobody else has bothered with?

The pulp left over is pretty much useless. It's good fiber ..... but that's about it.

I would just cook it (simmer) again for a couple of hours. maybe add a stick of butter.
see how powerful a batch of edibiles are. then you know for future.
1/2 hour is kinda quick. though, I feel hours & hours are way overkill.
Slag

I know this is an old post, many people in New Zealand reuse pulp. I kept butter pulp in my fridge, and just found it after being there for 3 or 4 months, I reused it with good results, maybe not as strong as the 1st time, but good all the same.

I know this is an old post, many people in New Zealand reuse pulp. I kept butter pulp in my fridge, and just found it after being there for 3 or 4 months, I reused it with good results, maybe not as strong as the 1st time, but good all the same.

Hey, so this thread was my only way to find my way back to the site! Thanks for the replies everyone.

I reused that pulp butter and I have to say: it worked pretty well. Assuming it was because of the brief cook time originally. I used:

1 1/8 lbs of butter (1 box + half stick)
1 ounce dried, ground stem (I use this to separate the "good stuff" from the pyrex when I decarb)
1 ounce high grade medicine
2 grams kief
Pulp which consisted of the same.

Anyway, this batch was my 2nd attempt at cooking and the first time I ever experienced "couch lock" from cooking. Good times!

Thanks again everyone!

Back
Top Bottom