Root-bound at 2 months into flowering.

sunnyside58

Has anyone ever had to do a double potting on 2 month old flowering plants. I did. 2 of my several plants out grew the 5 gal. buckets they were supposed to live the rest of their lives in. But the root systems was so dense that they were growing out the top of the soil. I left 4 inches and had to keep adding soil to cover the roots til I no longer had room. What I did was cut their bottoms out ever so gently and fill 2 18 gal tubs and set them on top of that soil. They seem to be doing really well as of day 3. Only time will tell if the roots going down into the new soil. Double-potting. Never thought I would run into a problem like that. I was not wanting to try a full transplant at this stage. So at least I know the root system is healthy on these 2 plants. One is a Wonder woman and one I thought was Skunk #1 but it is a Blue Lemon Thai. I think it was the Azomite I am using for the first time with a grow. That stuff is like a steroid for plants. Is there a method anyone else knows of? if so, I would love to hear it. Aloha
Summer_Grow_of_2013_in_Hawaii_022.JPG

Has anyone ever had to do a double potting on 2 month old flowering plants. I did. 2 of my several plants out grew the 5 gal. buckets they were supposed to live the rest of their lives in. But the root systems was so dense that they were growing out the top of the soil. I left 4 inches and had to keep adding soil to cover the roots til I no longer had room. What I did was cut their bottoms out ever so gently and fill 2 18 gal tubs and set them on top of that soil. They seem to be doing really well as of day 3. Only time will tell if the roots going down into the new soil. Double-potting. Never thought I would run into a problem like that. I was not wanting to try a full transplant at this stage. So at least I know the root system is healthy on these 2 plants. One is a Wonder woman and one I thought was Skunk #1 but it is a Blue Lemon Thai. I think it was the Azomite I am using for the first time with a grow. That stuff is like a steroid for plants. Is there a method anyone else knows of? if so, I would love to hear it. Aloha
Summer_Grow_of_2013_in_Hawaii_022.JPG

They would still be ok to put into 15s at this stage......and those roots WILL go right into the soil, so don't be tempted to check......LOL

Back
Top Bottom