Root rot?

joebechill

hi, first time grower. i had a bunch of seeds saved up over the years and just said fuck it, germinated and planted them. they started to grow and i took very little care the first month. The three plants that started growing were under one cfl light bulb with no airflow exhaust or intake. overwatered them by watering everyday (i was just winging it) and essentially flooded them out
once they got big enough to where i had to find a bigger cardboard box there was some mold on the top of the soil . so i started doing my research and doing everything by the book. wayyy late the ph was so far off and there was obvious nitrogen burn. i dicided to repot and flush. i tried to break away 90% of the soil without breaking the roots (which i did a little bit) while transferring the plants so they have fresh soil.
now the plants are being fed at the right pH and ppm. i’m using floranova bloom, cal-mag, deer park spring water. i am concerned that the floranova has too much nitrogen (4-8-7) as i am about a week and a half into flower. these plants have taken a BEATING. they have been defoliated recently i took off the main fan leaves from the stem. i learned about topping too late and topped all three plants at the 7th or 8th nodes. i snapped a branch on my favorite plant and had to tape it back together. which worked . and they had a ph runoff of 5 and ppm of 2200 right before i fixed both pH and ppm.

3 random seeds. all three i just found out are FEMALE :) which is great because i makes the plants all female names hoping this would happen lmao. this is the first time i have used a forum in many years. so i am sorry if this was too long or my forum etiquette is sloppy. anyways i’ll attach pictures .
i have learned a lot and this is reallly fun to do! i still am a noob so all help is extremely appreciated. if there is any info i left out that would be helpful just ask!

p.s. i had red ball like eggsack looking things near my plants snapped wound about a week ago. i can not find it anywhere on the internet and neither can my girlfriend. i don’t think they were spider mites but they were extremely weird. i am so upset i didn’t take a picture but i washed them off. please if anyone knows what that is lmk. red clumped up tiny round spheres. thanks

***the two pictures of the soil and roots is about a month old right after being constantly flooded and the other pictures are more recent

Attachments

• C8ADA97F-21C0-4C48-8DB7-C6AAF9E00150.png
    C8ADA97F-21C0-4C48-8DB7-C6AAF9E00150.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 36
  • 2F891823-FAAA-4F67-94BF-0D0C5B0BE79D.png
    2F891823-FAAA-4F67-94BF-0D0C5B0BE79D.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
  • 9D95B8F4-2FD9-47E1-9B01-648F9F5FE16D.jpeg
    9D95B8F4-2FD9-47E1-9B01-648F9F5FE16D.jpeg
    326.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 413726D1-503F-4502-9952-AC9A1B47FB63.jpeg
    413726D1-503F-4502-9952-AC9A1B47FB63.jpeg
    579.4 KB · Views: 33
  • DEEBC8EB-78CF-495D-A9F1-2297A805769C.jpeg
    DEEBC8EB-78CF-495D-A9F1-2297A805769C.jpeg
    372 KB · Views: 48
  • 671B9B48-EADD-45DE-9476-D47CFA70AA69.jpeg
    671B9B48-EADD-45DE-9476-D47CFA70AA69.jpeg
    543.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 875B9AAE-1FDB-4CCB-A6CB-AE63EBB80B58.jpeg
    875B9AAE-1FDB-4CCB-A6CB-AE63EBB80B58.jpeg
    569.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 4051F945-8945-4685-9F30-2EEE6AECEE7F.jpeg
    4051F945-8945-4685-9F30-2EEE6AECEE7F.jpeg
    594 KB · Views: 39
  • 3139AF51-B0C9-4591-AAC9-F53384DFA6BA.png
    3139AF51-B0C9-4591-AAC9-F53384DFA6BA.png
    435.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 29E7B1ED-E2AD-49DF-AACA-243DD5D73799.jpeg
    29E7B1ED-E2AD-49DF-AACA-243DD5D73799.jpeg
    433 KB · Views: 43
hi, first time grower. i had a bunch of seeds saved up over the years and just said fuck it, germinated and planted them. they started to grow and i took very little care the first month. The three plants that started growing were under one cfl light bulb with no airflow exhaust or intake. overwatered them by watering everyday (i was just winging it) and essentially flooded them out
once they got big enough to where i had to find a bigger cardboard box there was some mold on the top of the soil . so i started doing my research and doing everything by the book. wayyy late the ph was so far off and there was obvious nitrogen burn. i dicided to repot and flush. i tried to break away 90% of the soil without breaking the roots (which i did a little bit) while transferring the plants so they have fresh soil.
now the plants are being fed at the right pH and ppm. i’m using floranova bloom, cal-mag, deer park spring water. i am concerned that the floranova has too much nitrogen (4-8-7) as i am about a week and a half into flower. these plants have taken a BEATING. they have been defoliated recently i took off the main fan leaves from the stem. i learned about topping too late and topped all three plants at the 7th or 8th nodes. i snapped a branch on my favorite plant and had to tape it back together. which worked . and they had a ph runoff of 5 and ppm of 2200 right before i fixed both pH and ppm.

3 random seeds. all three i just found out are FEMALE :) which is great because i makes the plants all female names hoping this would happen lmao. this is the first time i have used a forum in many years. so i am sorry if this was too long or my forum etiquette is sloppy. anyways i’ll attach pictures .
i have learned a lot and this is reallly fun to do! i still am a noob so all help is extremely appreciated. if there is any info i left out that would be helpful just ask!

p.s. i had red ball like eggsack looking things near my plants snapped wound about a week ago. i can not find it anywhere on the internet and neither can my girlfriend. i don’t think they were spider mites but they were extremely weird. i am so upset i didn’t take a picture but i washed them off. please if anyone knows what that is lmk. red clumped up tiny round spheres. thanks
I think you saved them with the transplant those roots were on their way out but still look savable

wow , thank you for the quick response. if the roots have been saved is there potentially something else obviously wrong or do they need time to just chill out from all of the stress to figure that out. (as they’ve been through a lot of it). i only ask because as most of the leaves are fine. the pictures of those random leaves i posted look beat up bad though.

wow , thank you for the quick response. if the roots have been saved is there potentially something else obviously wrong or do they need time to just chill out from all of the stress to figure that out. (as they’ve been through a lot of it). i only ask because as most of the leaves are fine. the pictures of those random leaves i posted look beat up bad though.
It will take some time but if you do things right they should thrive in no time, best of luck.

Just a thought, and since you're only 1.5 weeks into flower. Maybe you should try re vegging them a little bit longer? It will increase your Leaf count, it will allow your plants to fill in your scrog net a little bit better, and they'll show much less signs of stress.
Good job recognizing an issue and addressing it. I'm with @Growingasmile you saved your girls by repotting. What soil did you repot them into and for that matter, what's the pot size?

Just a thought, and since you're only 1.5 weeks into flower. Maybe you should try re vegging them a little bit longer? It will increase your Leaf count, it will allow your plants to fill in your scrog net a little bit better, and they'll show much less signs of stress.
Good job recognizing an issue and addressing it. I'm with @Growingasmile you saved your girls by repotting. What soil did you repot them into and for that matter, what's the pot size?
hi i’m sorry for the late reply. i’m using miracle grow organic fert from home depot in a 10L (2.6gallon) pot. i know it’s not what i should be using.. but i had nothing invested / no knowledge of growing whatsoever and it’s been decent lol. also i don’t know if i added but i’m using 4 cfl lightbulbs lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    589 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    789.1 KB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom