Sad times

If your in USA try new420guy I get beans in 3 days from him nirvana is like 12 days seedsman is like 12 to 15 days and the vault is like 8 days all take credit or debit all send freebies except nirvana the don't and all of these sites are legit and will help with any issues. It sounds like your not going to try but I would go for it be positive it could be worse.

True North took about a week from Canada. Watch out for some of the US-based seed sites. Many of them won't take a card, and use "alternate" forms of payment. Not all of them, but quite a few. Others are higher cost. So definitely do your homework first on those. It's probably easier to get from Canada or the UK/Europe than trying to setup and use bitcoin or some weird app.

What we do know.

You are not in or around CO
This is your 4th grow

Lot's to go off of here.

I'm still confused as to how you can finish a grow, upgrade some gear, and then try to start another grow without already having your seeds or clones.

First thing I purchased was seeds. Then a light. Then a tent. All within the first three months of starting out.

I always get chuckles when I see someone's seed order with singles or 3 packs. I go five or higher, I never want to be without several varieties or breeders.

If you continue to handle yourself politely, you may be able to chum up with someone who is willing to help a fellow grower out. Not knowing where your general location is, makes it hard for nearby growers to pop up and help out.

Yeah ive ordered my seeds online the last 3 times without problem. Totally did not expect this. Its ok, down in a bible belt banned state...can only manage 3 at a time now and it was so easy before that I didnt expect to have trouble ordering. Found one old seed, doubt I will have luck with it but I am going to try...ended up having to spend the money i set aside for my kids art project...gonna be a couple weeks before I can try those sites. Thanks though, still bummed but atleast there is hope. To make it this year...tired of spending 200-400 a month for it. I enherited my house so I dont pay rent but I dont make a bunch of money and got a family.

420guy takes cards for sure you could by a few seeds and he will send freebies. Takes 3 days tops and no issue's. I would take care of your issue

First thing I purchased was seeds. Then a light. Then a tent. All within the first three months of starting out.

I always get chuckles when I see someone's seed order with singles or 3 packs. I go five or higher, I never want to be without several varieties or breeders.

If you continue to handle yourself politely, you may be able to chum up with someone who is willing to help a fellow grower out. Not knowing where your general location is, makes it hard for nearby growers to pop up and help out.

Definitely 5-packs (or more) for me as well. Freebie seeds notwithstanding of course. ;)

Seeds are my last purchase when building out a system for the most part. I'll put together everything else, then when ready get the seeds. I'd rather go that route myself just in case there are hiccups in the build. I can see/understand how folks would piece together their setup over time, especially when budgets come into play. Get a new tent, light, etc.

I re up my seed stock if I get below 20

Definitely 5-packs (or more) for me as well. Freebie seeds notwithstanding of course. ;)

Seeds are my last purchase when building out a system for the most part. I'll put together everything else, then when ready get the seeds. I'd rather go that route myself just in case there are hiccups in the build. I can see/understand how folks would piece together their setup over time, especially when budgets come into play. Get a new tent, light, etc.
I knew it wouldn't be a long wait to upgrade. While I didn't have the proper light or tent, I did still have a mini greenhouse converted into a small grow space with a blurple led light bulb from Amazon, which served me very well.

Ordered light before tent, which just boosted the production of that small space. Once I bought my tent, I didn't even set it up for another month, huge procrastinator. Once all set up, I ordered more seeds to keep it going.

I have only grown autos, so I did not expect, nor encounter, any issues in my first grow. I could have waited to build the space first, but I knew the seed can veg while I build the home for flowering.

I suppose my original 3 month timeline involved getting pretty much to where I am now, not my initial first run at flowering.

Yeah ill give it a shot, promise in a couple months I will buy a bunch so I dont have to worry...been just trying a bunch of different strains...my first grow I had 3 plants of 6 that survived(heat issues) one of then was this northern lights plant that i grew with crappy water...worse lighting(4 regular 60w bulbs)..almost died from heat, way overdid the nutes and leaves were just dying off like crazy(lost almost every single leaf)...thing ended up giving me 2 oz of smoke that blew everybodies minds that i let smoke it, the best part was you could keep smoking it and not plateau till you couldnt lift the lighter....wish i could have cloned...try 6 more NL the next year with slightly better conditions all around during winter...5 survived for about 11 oz of bleh mids.
Next I tried 6 plants, two each of three strains....didnt care especially for any. All mid grade.
Im pretty excited about all the improvements this year though.
As well as all the new tech, I have been studying a lot too. Super excited to try topping with my new lights. Got all I need to keep my water in check.
Sorry for rambling, im a pretty jaded guy..i didnt get near this upset when my car window, boat, fence and shed all got shot up and I walked outside to swat about to raid me because they thought I did it...barely phased me..still havent even bothered to get a new window for car.
But this is different, growing is a beautiful thing man, Wish the weather was better here so i could grow a garden outside easier..used to have peppers and tomatoes and herbs but i got like 3 months a year outside max before im fighting either too hot or too cold.
My next project in a few months with either be stealth window unit or somehow getting permission to buy a portable AC after Ive sunk near a thousand already.

I'm at about 45 left, and I'm already looking at more. Seedsman has a great selection, so I can load up on strains, without unloading the bank account. My next order will include some regular autos, so I can make my own supply of seeds
I've grown out like 6 reg autos haven't had a male yet. I'm pulling the trigger from the vault next pretty good with a few free

I've grown out like 6 reg autos haven't had a male yet. I'm pulling the trigger from the vault next pretty good with a few free
Yeah I'm just hoping for a male. If not, sweet deal, cheap female seeds. I'm currently making my own photo seeds, a CREAM auto crossed with Purple Kush bagseed.

Germinated 5 PK seeds, three males and two females.

This is the female PK, God damned beauty
20190930_152803.jpg

And this is the pollinated CREAM. These seeds will be grown out in my basement tent. First attempt at an indoor photoperiod. Might even start one inside, to finish outside in the ground.
20191005_122218.jpg

I knew it wouldn't be a long wait to upgrade. While I didn't have the proper light or tent, I did still have a mini greenhouse converted into a small grow space with a blurple led light bulb from Amazon, which served me very well.

Ordered light before tent, which just boosted the production of that small space. Once I bought my tent, I didn't even set it up for another month, huge procrastinator. Once all set up, I ordered more seeds to keep it going.

I have only grown autos, so I did not expect, nor encounter, any issues in my first grow. I could have waited to build the space first, but I knew the seed can veg while I build the home for flowering.

I suppose my original 3 month timeline involved getting pretty much to where I am now, not my initial first run at flowering.

I've been piecing together a new RDWC setup for about 8 months, give or take. I knew I had some trips over the past few months that would keep me away for a few weeks at a time, so wasn't in a rush. So I pieced it together here and there. Wasn't a bad deal for me this time. Hopefully this system will last me a good while, and honestly it should. I ended up with better parts/pieces in the long run, so that's not a bad thing either. Had I bought it all at once, or within a short time period, I may have balked at the bill. :laughtwo: :laughtwo: :laughtwo:

The last pieces I need to get for it are all plumbing. Pipes, valves, and misc accessories for that. Will probably be headed to the pipe gettin store after TX bends WV over in a bit. :D :D :D

I will say that going that route has allowed me to tweak my design as well. It's went through a few variations since its first inception.

Start:
- (2) 17 gal totes in the tent (2 plants each, so 4 sites in a 4x4)
- (2) 17 gal totes outside the tent (one res for each internal tote, so 34gal total per)

Midway:
- (4) 5gal buckets inside
- (2) 17gal res outside (2 buckets per res)

Current:
- (4) 5gal buckets
- (1) 17gal res

All 4 buckets will have 2" pipe coming out, into a ball valve, then into a 3" main return line to the res. Each bucket is fed by a 1/2" line. The main supply line will have 2 ball valves so I can open one and close the other to drain the res for changes. Each bucket supply branch will also have a ball valve as well.

Reason for the supply/return valves is to be able to isolate a bucket in case of a problem. That way if something has an issue I can isolate it with a temporary 5gal res and tweak the issue without (hopefully) effecting the other plants. 2in return from the bucket is purely because a 2" valve is $10, a 3" valve is $40. LOL

Short of all that is that it is kind of funny how things come together when you have time to think it over and tweak your ideas to better fit your situation. And it's kinda fun, too. :D

I've been piecing together a new RDWC setup for about 8 months, give or take. I knew I had some trips over the past few months that would keep me away for a few weeks at a time, so wasn't in a rush. So I pieced it together here and there. Wasn't a bad deal for me this time. Hopefully this system will last me a good while, and honestly it should. I ended up with better parts/pieces in the long run, so that's not a bad thing either. Had I bought it all at once, or within a short time period, I may have balked at the bill. :laughtwo: :laughtwo: :laughtwo:

The last pieces I need to get for it are all plumbing. Pipes, valves, and misc accessories for that. Will probably be headed to the pipe gettin store after TX bends WV over in a bit. :D :D :D

I will say that going that route has allowed me to tweak my design as well. It's went through a few variations since its first inception.

Start:
- (2) 17 gal totes in the tent (2 plants each, so 4 sites in a 4x4)
- (2) 17 gal totes outside the tent (one res for each internal tote, so 34gal total per)

Midway:
- (4) 5gal buckets inside
- (2) 17gal res outside (2 buckets per res)

Current:
- (4) 5gal buckets
- (1) 17gal res

All 4 buckets will have 2" pipe coming out, into a ball valve, then into a 3" main return line to the res. Each bucket is fed by a 1/2" line. The main supply line will have 2 ball valves so I can open one and close the other to drain the res for changes. Each bucket supply branch will also have a ball valve as well.

Reason for the supply/return valves is to be able to isolate a bucket in case of a problem. That way if something has an issue I can isolate it with a temporary 5gal res and tweak the issue without (hopefully) effecting the other plants. 2in return from the bucket is purely because a 2" valve is $10, a 3" valve is $40. LOL

Short of all that is that it is kind of funny how things come together when you have time to think it over and tweak your ideas to better fit your situation. And it's kinda fun, too. :D
When I finally venture in the DWC, I will be buying one of these to try out
Screenshot_20191005-151159_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yeah thats awesome, ive been doing 5 gallong buckets for dwc. DIY setup. Reeaallly wanted to have the money to set up a res system but falling short this year. Maybe next year after i get an AC going or fall/winter....that would make maintenance so much easier.

When I finally venture in the DWC, I will be buying one of these to try out
Screenshot_20191005-151159_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yeah thats awesome, ive been doing 5 gallong buckets for dwc. DIY setup. Reeaallly wanted to have the money to set up a res system but falling short this year. Maybe next year after i get an AC going or fall/winter....that would make maintenance so much easier.

When initially thinking up what I needed to begin with, I looked at just doing 4 solo buckets. My reasoning for moving on from that were res temp stability, plus getting into each bucket to fill, drain, or do maintenance when a plant was present. So that was when I ended up in RDWC-land, and going from there.

With about $200 left in plumbing to go, I'm still tempted by my initial thought for the new grow which was coco and autopots. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: (Laugh @Barney86, it's all your fault. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:)

That would be a bit of a waste though, as I have the rest of the equipment for RDWC already. Not that I wouldn't use it, I really want to do the full hydro thing, but I could also then use autopots for my now and then coco grows with autos. Which I've been pondering on doing anyway. So really if I convince myself that's $100 more to do autopots (plus medium) instead of my planned RDWC. Reason being is $100 is the diff between 2 and 4 autopots if I bought the 2-pot system for the occasional coco auto grow anyway.

However, along with RDWC I'll go. :D :D :D And really by the time I get medium, it probably works out close to the same either way. I'm really just liking the autopots and trying to make an excuse for me to use them. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

@multiVortex I had taken a quick look at these as well, but with not knowing anything about them, as I've never heard of them before, I figured I'd go with the DWC system first. Two plant should be manageable, or use a new pump for just one plant.
Screenshot_20191005-164121_Samsung Internet.jpg

See? They're pretty cool right?

Granted I specifically wanted to do full hydro, but I'm still tempted. Very, very tempted. What site are you looking at for that sale? :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom