Samsung-LM301B DIY lights

Vike

Hello forum. I'm planning to replace a 600w HPS with some led strips and was hoping someone more knowledgeable could help me out a bit.

I'm aiming to use 10x 50cm Alustripe with 98x Samsung LM301B LEDs 3000k - 7 LEDs parallel, 7 parts in series

and for drivers I was looking to get 2x HLG-320H-C1400B MEAN WELL USA Inc. | Power Supplies - External/Internal (Off-Board) | DigiKey
These would be alright?

Teleon on the forum has made a light using these strips but he said he also used one LCM-60 LCM-60 MEAN WELL USA Inc. | Power Supplies - External/Internal (Off-Board) | DigiKey

I assume it's for dimming purposes but isn't it a driver in it of itself also? You can hook those two drivers to this?

I also might do a small veg light using these strips. I guess using just one HLG-320H and maybe 4 strips. Would that be overkill just to keep some cuttings rooting?

Thanks for any help guys.

If you do a search on the Samsung-LM301B-LEDs watts you will see google saying max is at 260w
The driver goes up to 320W

You wanna make sure that the driver watts can be adjusted. other why it will keep burning the leds.
on the back of the driver there should be two holes that has a screw on it. When you take these screws off you'll find the adjusting screw for the wattage. However, some drivers don't have that and this is what you need to make sure on.

The dimming is for light intensity and the watts is how much power the driver gives to the leds. Two different things

A series has pots to adjust and B series you need to attach potentiometer.

Teleon used 2x HLG-320H-20A drivers which is a constant voltage, constant current vs. HLG-320H-C1400B is constant current.
Still haven't decided which ones to use. Need to do a bit more studying I guess.

I'm leaning towards the HLG-320H-20A's because if I use C1400B I think I would need to do serial/parallel wiring using the strips.

Hope Teleon would be active to explain the LCM-60. It's really confusing me why that is needed at all.

You can connect up to 11 strips in series in a 320H-C1400.
If you connect 4 strips to the same driver you are going to get around 108W.
LCM-60 I think it was to power the red strips.
To use the dimming function for B type you can use a Potentiometer, resistors, 0-10V voltage source or 10V PWM signal. If you go for the A type you will need a multimeter to properly set voltage and current.

You are probably right that it was for the reds.
I went ahead and ordered 12x strips and 2x HLG-320H-20A. I might just use 10 strips and save the two for a veg light. Haven't yet made up my mind but I still have some time until the stuff arrives.
Currently vegging under the HPS dimmed down to 300W. Can't wait to replace this heat monster after waiting for years for the prices to go down. They haven't gone down that much but the leds should pay themselves back soon I hope. It's not that bad.

Drivers: 132,12€
Leds: 197.64€
Heatsinks: 80.76€

Rest of the materials needed I probably have. Going to use some black 2020 aluminium extrusion for the frame.

MVIMG_20201115_222940.jpg

Back
Top Bottom