Sativa or Hemp?

Mr Spliff

I have been growing an unknown sativa for an old mate of mine as he has no 'facilities'.
It was planted from seed, vegged for 6 weeks or so, trained a fair bit and pruned slightly, and is now in it's 12th week of flowering....Yet, although it has developed buds fine, looks as it should, and is healthy, it has not developed any sticky THC whatsoever, the hairs are now 75% brown and the buds are about as big as they're going to get it seems, yet nothing. - A sample smoke also confirmed the lack of THC!

I have little knowledge of the growing habits of pure sativa's, so is there a chance that the stickiness/THC will come on quickly in the next couple of weeks, or is it possible that the seed he supplied is some sort of hemp strain? - He reckons it came from a bag of weed bought month's earlier. Hmmmmm.....

Any thought's appreciated!
:smokin:

Do you have any pics. I doubt that you will get any increase in resin production at this late stage of flowering. It's quite possible you have a hemp strain. How has the plant been grown - under lights? What is the medium?

MMJ - the trichromes are non-existant!
It was grown under my usual conditions moose... a compost, vermiculite and castings medium...400W CFL's for the veg, 400W HPS for flowering, and plenty of TLC!
I will try later on today to get and upload a pic, but i think you're right.... it must be some sort of hemp strain!

Here's a couple of pics taken with my phone, so excuse the quality.

unknown_strain_005.jpg

unknown_strain_007.jpg

unknown_strain_010.jpg

As you can see, the buds are brown and 'normal' size for a sativa, yet no THC at all....?

It sure looks like hemp to me.

Me too!
If my mate did get the seed from a bag of weed he bought as he says, then he must have been seriously ripped off!
Ah well, thanks Moose, at least i can chop the thing up now and make room for my 'real' stuff!

Back
Top Bottom