industrial hemp or marijuana, which is more dangerous to big business?

michaelkaer

These are 2 different fronts that the advocates to end prohibition can work on. Here in Canada we can legally grow industrial hemp, but the red tape is a nightmare. Getting medical marijuana is not as easy as just asking or it, it can be a bit of a hassle, but it has been stream lined a lot from the early days. There are advocates that will assist you in your application every step of the way. The stigma around medical pot is getting less and less each day.

Having said that, I still see there is a long way to go to full legalization. I do not smoke but I am going to apply for my cards (one for possession and the other to grow). I have about a week to make copies of my forms and get them filled out at my doctor's office. I also need a couple of passport photos. I do not like having go through all this hassle, but it will be worth it.

The Canadian laws on simple possession is in a mirky state and many have had their cases tossed out, but the cops are still busy busting users. Till some major ruling comes down or a huge amount of cases clogs the courts and they all get tossed, then the cops are going to keep it business as usual.

Big business has a huge stake in keeping hemp off the market and high priced.That means make it illegal or have so much red tape that only people with a large amount of money can get into it commercially. The fight to make hemp legal is won here in Canada. That is going to put a huge amount of pressure on the States to do the same. The farmers are sueing the federal government to allow them to grow industrial hemp. It has been actively fought by the Bush administration and there is some ray of hope that Obama will either actively get involved to legalize it or passively, not stand in the way of bills asking for it's legalization. He has bigger fish to fry at the moment so now is good time to redouble your efforts. He has already said he would call off the DEA and allow medical use if the state law provides for it. I hope he keeps that promise. Each year the 420 rallies have gotten bigger and pot pride has drawn more crowds. The tide is turning and soon the sad day of hiding in the bushes or in dumpsters to take a toke out of sight will soon be history. It is going to happen and soon. I can't wait. So my question stands thusly- where is your efforts going to be best used to hurt the big business structures that have kept the peace loving hemp plant in the dark all our lifetime? I await your replies.

Of course it is a huge threat to big business. Cotton growers, loggers and the entire petrochemical industry would have a huge shaking up is industrial hemp was used as feedstock fo clothing, building materials, paper and oil products. Hemp prices are very high because of prohibition in the states and the red tape up here in Canada. Hemp would ruin cotton prices. We would not have to cut down another single tree. We know about lumber up here in Canada. That industry still supplies many jobs that would be permanently lost. The price of oil would drop to all time lows and then find a stable point. As Far as the Drug companies are concerned, they want a population that is permanently ill, but still able to kind of function with THEIR drugs in us. Hemp as a food source is wonderful. We would be much healthier with a hemp based diet. Oil made from the bud has been seen to cure cancer, when the patients ate it in small doses every day. THC is a safe drug with not to many side effects. The side effects are red eyes which help Glaucoma patients, getting the munchies which help Cancer and AIDS patients and it helps deal with all kinds of pain. A feeling of happiness from a toke of pot is much safer than the toxic drug they hand out for depression. The feeling of laziness can help people who have insomnia. In certain people, pot brings out paranoid feelings, so I have been told. It never affected me that way. Everyone is different so it will affect them differently. NO ONE HAS EVER OVERDOSED ON POT--- EVER! The dug companies can not say the same thing that is for sure. I agree with you that when Hemp is legal everywhere and this madness is behind us, it will be a huge big business.
Think about that.

Macer, I don't know where you live, but up here in Canada tobacco is still a huge crop. I am not going to waste time argueing my points about big business. I have done a lot research into this. Can you tell me where you get your information from?

Big Business owns the governments and the judges and the cops. They make up the rules and the others have to follow them even when they do not make sense. have you ever really listened to a person who has to make shit up just to twist things around to what the business interests want? Reminds me of the tabbaco lies that where sworn into court. petro-chemical-pharma wants you to be ill all the time and buy their drugs to make them rich. It all boils down to greed. When you have a single plant that can provide all your needs, and would allow you to be self-sufficient and a free thinker and healthier, they have to get rid of that plant at all costs.

Hemp is an amazingly plant even without considering marijuana. I hear tell (from a Sociology class I took at Community College) that the fibers are softer, more absorbent and more durable than cotton. Paper made from hemp lasts much longer than reegular paper, wah dee do dah.

I vote industrial hemp is more dangerous to big biz.

- M

It's a tough call since medicine is in the multi-billions of dollars and if we allowed Rick Simpson to go around curing cancer and a wide range of other illnesses with one single plant that they can not patent, then those multi-billions are going to be history. But you could also say all the other businsses like the entire oil industry is going to take a huge hit if industrial hemp comes online. They have to stop that stuff at all costs. That means the huge businesses that are in control now would be broken down into millions of smart Mom&Pop operations where everyone can share in the wealth and we would not be fighting wars for oil an we would not be spending billionsto fight the Drug War. All that money could go to treatment for those who want it and medicine would be a low paying job. The big money would be in growing and processing, followed by marketing Cannabis in all it's forms. Are you starting to get a glimmer as to why it has been suppressed for so long? The people in control want to stay in control, it is that simple.

Industrial hemp is a big threat to corporations who desire to continue their big businesses with business as usual.

I would think that pharma companies make more than oil companies. Although its very close, i think that Cannabis Sativa is more of a threat to Corperations..

My efforts will be manifested in support of MPP....the Marijuanna Policy Project .:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom