SC02 Controller - Values spiking 2-3k?

BrixKlinger

Hi, I'm throwing this out to the general 420 community hoping for some experience with these units. Just last week I returned one of these defective under warranty, and this "new" unit is giving me some strange results.

While function seems to be fairly normal, it senses "outside" air at a properly calibrated level, runs CO2 from the tank fine, but as it gets toward the high end (my high value is at 1500ppm), the numbers keep going up to 2k+, yesterday they spiked above 3k.

Is it possible that the area is really well sealed and I'm working hard and putting out that much of the stuff on my own? The tanks are lasting longer than ever (i've sealed the sealed room better recently), so the extra CO2 is not coming out of them. Also I opened 7x27gal tubs of soil that I had "cooking" (not compost styles, just microbe population styles), so I'm wondering if that dirt somehow puts off CO2 (all the tubs were in the shed).

Or is this just plain malfunction?

Finally, if the CO2 levels in my room are truly up at 2-3k regularly - do I need to fear some kind of CO2 toxicity? or will they take 20kppms...?!

Thanks in advance.

I'd be more worried about your own health with the co2 that high very dangerous.
1500ppm gives me a headache and a bit light headed
I think anything above 1500ppm is a waste and can become toxic to plants
I set my sensor at 500ppm 6 second burn keeps room around 1200ppm for 30mins

Outside air is supposed to be around 400ppms recalibrate if needed
Please be very very careful with the high values in your room they are toxic to you

Back
Top Bottom