Scale Is Broken.

Horable

Dogs tail on table = fling the scale across the room and no longer works.

for tonight is there a way to make a hommade scale with 1.0 gram resolution?

yea its possible just use your head in how to make it like the old seasaw ones like the law type thing where its balanced on both sides...have even weight on each side you'll prob be a little off by eye by doing it and might be tough but it will work, ill check on my scale what weighs a gram if you need me to. I would just buy another scale though.

GODhelpUS said:
yea its possible just use your head in how to make it like the old seasaw ones like the law type thing where its balanced on both sides...have even weight on each side you'll prob be a little off by eye by doing it and might be tough but it will work, ill check on my scale what weighs a gram if you need me to. I would just buy another scale though.

Yah, a weight of something universal would be nice :)

I have a Letter Scale, it only wieghs in .0z increments, so a conversion would be appreciated, since I have more than 1 gram to weigh.

How much did you pay for the scale? Most high-end scales come with a warranty. Otherwise, you'll need to replace it.

Making a single beam scale is easy. When I was in college I built one using wood dowels razor blades some pins and a fishing weight. The hardest part was finding something to calibrate it. At the time I needed a scale for weighing ounces because I was breaking up pounds. So I went to a hardware store and bought an ounce of washers. I had all the materials laying around the house so the only thing I had to pay for was the washers. Total cost was around $0.25 for the washers. Making a gram scale would be just as easy it's just calibrated different

A scale seems like it would be easy to make. Now getting it to be accurate is another story. Sounds like a good project though. I may have to make one myself. My scale is missing somewhere around here.

SlimDog53185 said:
A scale seems like it would be easy to make. Now getting it to be accurate is another story. Sounds like a good project though. I may have to make one myself. My scale is missing somewhere around here.

People have been making accurate scales for centuries. Just because you make it yourself dosen't mean it isn't accurate.

It could take some time to make one that accurate. Your not gonna beat a digi-scale no matter what you do. I may try it and post some pics. Gotta find some materials to use though.

That sucks I am currently without a scale as well but it's all good I just eye it most of the time.

went to a freakin 99cent Oriental store and purchased a scale for 30 bucks, works good.

Back
Top Bottom