Sea of Green Qs

curlybud

Hey i've got some questions for all you SoGers out there as i am considering using this method for my next grow!

- is WW a good sog strain? More specifically, a WW & NL cross?

- do you start a SoG grow specifically from seed or from clone? Or either? If from seed, what is the difference between a 12/12 grow and a sea of green?

- i know this is strain dependent but what's the average size a sog plant ends up with?

cheers

Hey i've got some questions for all you SoGers out there as i am considering using this method for my next grow!

- is WW a good sog strain? More specifically, a WW & NL cross?

- do you start a SoG grow specifically from seed or from clone? Or either? If from seed, what is the difference between a 12/12 grow and a sea of green?

- i know this is strain dependent but what's the average size a sog plant ends up with?

cheers

Haven't done SOG myself yet but clones are ideal since they are of genetic maturity and will flower earlier than a plant from seed. A plant from seed needs to reach a certain genetic age to reproduce. A clone is usually already of age just need a root system. Once rooted you are good to flower.

The only time I ever seriously thought about SoG - and it was years back - I did some little experimental grows and decided that nine plants per square foot worked best for me...

And then realized (even though I was being super-paranoid/careful and wasn't likely to get noticed), even the infinitesimal chance of getting nailed with 2600+ plants was enough to convince me that I didn't want to go through with it. Plus it seemed like it would have been "a little" labor-intensive.

nine plants per square foot worked best for me...

holy crap - seriously, nine! How tall did your plants end up, just curious?

I was also wondering - are SoG grows usually hydro? Would seem to make sense since you can cram rockwool cubes together in a flood tray so much more easily than you could pots. However - should one decide to do a soil SoG, what would the ideal bucket volume be?

Seems like they were all under 20" max.

Yeah, at dense plant spacings like that I would think hydroponics would be a must. Even so it was a huge pain and things were a mess for me which was one of the reasons I quit trying.

Lots of people have success but I hadn't gotten to the point where I felt that I had everything dialed in so that I didn't have to muck with it too often. Hopefully someone will chime in who's nailed it down and give you some tips.

Ideal SOIL volume? Just guessing but I'd think 1.5-2 gallons per pot for the shorter (height, flowering period) varieties. Which would make getting super-tight plant spacing problematic I suppose. Never tried it with soil. You'd want to make the best soil you possibly could but then again that's a given no matter how you grow.

I figure I'd throw my 2 cents in here.....(SOG) is a method of growing. It's true meaning is to keep plants small, ending up with 1 large nugget. I'd say average for SOG is about 7-10 grams per plant(depending on strain) WWxNL would be a good SOG strain. Both are known to produce realitively hard buds.

CURLY BUD - I wouldnt use rockwool, the way you're explaining it. You have to keep in mind that these plants will still have fan leaves. You dont want to space them to close together. Personally I would use 1 litre pots, plant your clones and bud 2 days after planting. place your pots right tight together. I prefer 4 plants in SOG per every sq. ft.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ON THEIR GROW !!!

I would use hydro as I've done it before on a 4x4 table. starting from clone is best but if seeds are used then you must sex them ASAP then take clones from your best female plant, let other females finish and trash any males. You uthen have a base to get it started. I'm gonna order some seeds soon and get my micro sog started up.

Back
Top Bottom