Seed Planting Tip

jojojones

I have been testing different germination methods.
For the following I soaked overnight and put between moist paper towel..

But my question is should I let the root get that long or when i first see it crack the shell..

GEDC0243.JPG

It matters.

Those roots are very brittle and the least damage could ruin it.

I germinate mine by letting them soak in a small glass of water over night. The good ones will sink and when they sink I plant them. I forgot who taught me that, but it makes germinating seeds much easier and much safer.

Well, in my experience they would be fine, just carefully drop em in. But don't let me steer you wrong, being cautious is a rule of thumb when they're that age. As long as your careful, get them out of the light, hurry and plant them in some good stuff at the correct humidity/temp. Hope it pans out for ya, peace.....

As in the tail in the designated medium first, gently, not completely in nor forced in, but in to the point where it holds. That sounded dirty, anyway-just make sure with tails that are long to have the caps above the surface of the medium. Then just wait it out to see who is able to get established and break their cap successfully without falling over or producing deformed starter leaves. Hope this helps buddy........

Back
Top Bottom