seeds and up in smoke

michaelkaer

I just finished watching "Up in Smoke" and there was a line where pedro told the man to grab the seeds, because they where being busted. The man said they can't bust you for seeds. If that is true(not saying that it is) then why is the US government trying to bust Marc Emery of the BC3? That just popped out at me, now that I am more educated about marijuana laws and such. Can you be busted with just seeds? I have hemp seeds in my fridge that I eat, if I had them on me, that means I could be busted? Does it depend on the state?

I'm sure that if the police officers wanted to be nasty they could arrest you for seeds. Most of them won't waste thier time and paperwork over seeds.

Everything I need to know I learned in "Up in Smoke".

Seeds + friend = "Conspiracy to manufacture"

Dude, I know it is a movie, I just want to know what the laws are like now.

They call planting a seed and growing something "Manufacture"; that gives away their whole twisted mindset.

It varies by state; you can check the NORML site...not sure how the federal laws apply.

Here in Canada Marc has tried to get busted for selling seeds, which would stop the extradition, but the cops will not bust him. I think someone got a fine for $200 for selling seeds and that was about it. They sell seeds openly in Canada, Marc even paid taxes on them and openly told the tax man that he was selling seeds. They were happy to take his money. If it is illegal, Revenue Canada could be charged with knowingly accepting proceeds from an illegal act.

The tolerance guidelines appear in appendix of the Opium Act. The Opium Act states very clearly that every part of the hemp plant is banned except for the seeds –

^Wikipedia article on Netherlands.
Not sure about where you live.

Back
Top Bottom