Seeds From a Hermie parent

Ncfinestbud

I got about 14 seeds out of a quarter of romulin. I figured since there were so many seeds that it was a hermie plant. I germinated 5 of them and one purple buddha seed. I know that this is sort of a no no but i did it anyways. My question is will the resulting plants be covered in seeds as well and if the offspring are hermie as well will they pollinate the purple buddha?

If the plant was a true herm ( both male and female flowers in equal proportion ) it most likely will follow the genitic blueprint of the parent plant and be loaded with seed . If the plant was a herm produced by extreme stress ( most all female with a few scattered male flowers ), all offspring will be female that may or may not be full of seed depending on the amount of stress induced ( creation of male flowers by stress )and the individual plants genetic make up. The only sure way to know is to grow 'em out and see .:smokin:

If the purp buda is a female and comes in contact with any male pollen from any source it will become pollinated .:smokin:

i will def grow at least a few weeks into flowering to see what things are looking like but i really am focusing on the purple buddha because it is a nicer strain and a faster growing plant. Also how early can a male produce pollen?

Once you can determine that the flowers that you see are male , it usually takes a few ( maybe even a week )days to ripen and open up to release their pollen depending on the genetics of the strain .:smokin:

so i have five plants with about four to six seed pods on each plant but the buds are looking beautiful. the mother of all of these plants was filled with seeds like i said but its three weeks into flowering and i think it will be fine for smoke. What will happen to my purple buddha virgin? and will the seed pods even open up and release pollen?

Back
Top Bottom