Seeds germinated

oldmangee

Okay .. this is my 1st time germinating seeds .. i was wondering once the seeds have germinated and i put them in soil when do i shine some light on them.. they are stating to push up from the soil but the shell is still on them.. so when should i shine some light after the shell has falling off or while they are pushing up from the soil

You can light them up right away or wait till they break ground....In your case they are already up so you can light them now for sure.Just be careful for the first few days that the light doesnt burn them to a crisp like I have done with a few of mine.The seed casing will fall off on its own usually within a few days.

Humidity dome for sure and I put my light at a little distance for day one and two, just to get them used to it. I am by far a pro , this is also my first attempt , but it worked very well for me, hope it does for you to.

I'd say keep your lights atleast a foot away from the top of your plants at all times, this prevents those little brown spots from showing up on your leaves after you give your foliage some water, plus it prevents burning of the leaves and other types of damage caused by excessive light exposure.

Keep the lights off till the seeds break ground.

I too am a first time grower and have just planted 10 germinated seeds of BC Juicy fruit. My question is do I hit them with the CFL lights now.. or wait till they break ground. Also they are in a dome to keep the humidity up and The greenhouse effect going.. Also as a starting medium I used pete pucks to get them going. So hit with the light now? Or wait till they break ground?

Thanks so much!

You will get mixed opinions on when to light them up....personally I wait until they break ground but you can light them any time you like really.

newbabys.jpg

Back
Top Bottom