Seeds not sprouting - Can't figure this out - Help

Phillipallman

Hi guys well I'm a new starter I've got all my stuff set up ready but I'm having real problems starting off now I had 20 critical mass seeds I've tried germinatiting them in all the different ways and some of them don't pop and the ones that do barley show a tap root out of its shell so I planted the popped ones and put them under my cfl light its been days now and nothing so I dug up the soil a bit to look at the seeds and they haven't change still a very tiny tap root barley out of its shell should they be germinating with a longer root before planting ??

The length of the root shouldn't make a big difference though I usually plant them when they're about 1/4" long or so. What matters is a nice warm temperature for the growing medium and surroundings- around 80 works for me, and a nice moisture level. As soon as they are wet and/or cold it's game over.

Yes it's really annoying me that I can't get to a sprout I tried planting some germinated seeds in solo cups with soil and placed them in the over on a very low temp just to keep it a little warm in there for them and nothing :(

Yes it's a pain as I've wasted 20 critical seeds cost 145 pound apparently they are going to send me 10 more as I moaned about but with seed banks your not suppose to say anything about germinating the seeds as they only sell them to you for collection purposes ;) lol

One of the main ways I germinate is by moistening some paper towel or cloth, then tossing it -crumpled up a bit- into a Tupperware container or the like. I put the seeds loosely in the folds of the paper towel/cloth, so they're not at the lowest point. I put the lid on loosely and put in a warm place. There's no excess water at bottom of container, just warm damp material and presumably 100% humidity. After 48 hours the sprouts are usually up to an inch long if the seeds are good. Sometimes it takes a day or so longer for weak seeds.
I'm confident enough with my sprouting skills that I figure if it doesn't sprout -it's a dud seed, or at least very weak to the point where it would have needed special measures to sprout.

Yes I agree with you mate well hopefully I Will get another 10 critical mass seeds from them I've just ordered 15 big bud xxxl seeds as well and a germination station with heat mat and some peat pellets so hopefully no more problems !!!!!

I hate peat pellets. :) If you use peat pellets try tearing the cloth wrapping before you plant the seedlings. The cloth tends to trap the roots and cause issues in my experience.

Back
Top Bottom