Seeing A Need For Pot Store

Weedpipe

420 Member
CA - As a resident of Nipomo, I read with interest that a dispensary for medical marijuana is in the planning phase for our community.

Having watched dispensaries be voted down by all the cities in this county until now, I'm wondering what governing board will have the final say for Nipomo. We're an unincorporated area with no city council, so who will have the final vote?

It could be a real advantage for Nipomo to allow the opening and tax all the sales made. The money generated should be allocated to stay in Nipomo and not be shared by the rest of the county, since all the other cities have voted it down anyway. We need a wider bridge at Tefft Street and another freeway on- and offramp. How about allocating all taxes generated at the dispensary for those projects, instead of levying a special tax on residents of Nipomo, as suggested by our board of supervisors?

Lastly, there's already a steady flow of marijuana to this county. It's just not the legal flow. There already are people getting all the profit from the illegal sales of this medicine and they don't want any competition from legal sales. I'm suspicious of anyone who opposes what the people of California have voted for, especially when it causes patients who are ill to be unable to get their medication anywhere in this county.

There must be a profit motive or other hidden agenda in these protests. Maybe they should focus on other problems in Nipomo like cockfighting, meth labs, gang violence and illegal immigrants living in many areas of the Mesa who are violating county health and safety codes.

If the dispensary becomes a problem, there are many ways to close it, so what's the risk?

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 Magazine - Cannabis Culture News & Reviews
Source: The Adobe Press
Author: Roberto Guerrero
Copyright: 2010 Lee Central Coast Newspapers

Sooner or later there are going to be a couple cities in Cali that are going to smarten up and do this. Start bringing in MJ superstores where everything you would possibly want will be available under one roof and both the business and the city will make a killing off of it. Stupidity should never be rewarded

Back
Top Bottom