Seeking Peace

MsMagoo

I am a nearly-retired, single woman currently living in San Cristobal, Mexico, a lovely place, but the pot is shitty, bacteria and parasites are rampant, these streets are uneven and I fall, and I miss being around people I can talk to, really talk to. So I'm coming back, this time to Northern California, where I want to live on a pot farm, and do whatever: cook vegetarian, clean, garden, nanny, just enough so I can make my paper art, smoke fantastic weed, live under the trees, and drink cheap chardonnay to my heart's content. I am making this message manifest in the world. Barbara

If you mind can conceive it & your heart can believe it then you can achieve it! Go You! Live your Dream!

Thank you-everything that I'm learning about Humboldt County is just making this more amazing all the time. I'm a paper artist and just discovered The Ink People!!!

Congrats MsMagoo on developing a plan and taking steps to implement it. Doesn't sound like a bad life at all that you desire.

I'm happy that you've joined our little community her on 420 as well. There are some really nice and pretty amazing folks that congregate on this site. I hope you will become an active member here and update us as your plans come to fruition. It would be fun to read about a "a day in the life of a pot farmer". Could be a new reality series for TV!

What? Did I ask YOU what your income is? Reflect on your posts to me-what reason could you have for trying to play "father" here? Other replies have been nothing but encouraging, which is appropriate. Someone put vinegar in your coffee this morning?

This isn't a church social, darling. There's no dogma and (other than refraining from abuse) no enforceable social conventions. Considering the crazy-quilt legal status of pot, the expense (if you buy it), the various ailments it is claimed to help (and hence the limitations on employment, and hence income, that some users might be subject to), and the possible psychological and social consequences of long-term use, it seems to me that the overall lifestyle of those interested enough in pot to be discussing it here is a legitimate topic to raise--especially in a thread beginning with someone announcing a major life change. Naturally, it's your privilege not to respond.

Your post, frankly, projects one of the worst stereotypes of the marijuana user: an undisciplined, improvident person who wants only to drift off into drug-and-alcohol-induced bliss. If I were a commercial grower--or a parent needing a babysitter--that's not the kind of help I would be looking for.

And I suppose you are free on this forum to totally read into my post whatever you want, but you have no idea what you're talking about, and you're right, I can take the high road and completely ignore your unkind post, which it is now time to do, since your false conjectures have nothing to do with who I really am. Get a life, dude, and try spreading a little kindness. It might help.

Can we all hold hands and sing Kumbaya now? Please. I'm feeling an overwhelming desire for their to be peace and harmony in this thread.

MsMagoo, I kind of think the question migh have originally been asked out of curiosity rather than any prurient motivation. I understand you taking acception to being asked, but there might be a chance that your response was driven by attributing intention that was not actually communicated.

Joshua, I understand your motive or the reasoning behind asking might have been legitimate, but asking a complete stranger (life change announcements or not) about their income is a generally accepted social taboo. I beleive describing a once sentence goal statement, where half of it describes potential work, as one of the worst stereotypes of a marijuana users also ignores a few logical alternatives.

One aspect of this site (community) that I truly appreciate and is incredibly rare online, is the peaceful and supportive exchange of communication and information. I do hope you will both explore and benefit from the site enough to find enjoyment in that aspect as well.

Be well and happy growing to you both. :Namaste:

Life is just too damn short to sweat the small stuff, and all of it is small stuff!

" . . . asking a complete stranger (life change announcements or not) about their income is a generally accepted social taboo."

Not so much on the internet, where people have anonymity and will therefore get into subjects they would find intensely embarassing in person. I've had many on-line discussions (on sites devoted to general topics, such as Slate's old Fray boards) about people's (mine included) sexual practices, parenting, substance abuse, family feuds, religion, criminal convictions, financial success or failure, even mental health commitments.

This website, in fact, is devoted to a subject that is illegal for most of us, and is socially strongly disapproved even where it is legal. Without anonymity, few of us would be admitting to growing and using marijuana.

Back
Top Bottom