Semi Beginner light, smell, temp questions?

chieffan247

Ok, let me give a quick history. I have grown in a small closet 4 plants in coco perlite mix under a 400 watt lamp twice and watered by hand. Both came out ok, other then 2 I had to fight a powdery mildew problem. So I am moving in to a new place with a whole new set up in mind. Here we go:
The room is a one car garage and in the back of the garage I have a space of 11ft x 4 ft.
11 x 4 = 44sq feet
44 x 40 watts = 1760 total watts
This brings me to my first question:
Can I get away with three 4 hundred watts giving me 1200 total or two 600's or do I need to go bigger then that?
Or would I be better off using a space of 9ft x 4ft
9 x 4 = 36 sq ft
36 x 40 = 1440 total watts
Next question: For a set up like mine what would be the best way to mask the smell and keep the area in the right temperature ex heaters/air conditioners?
I hope this makes sense to some of you out there, thanks in advance for the help.

It really depends on how many plants you will have. I have 3 600w Sun System hoods. On my next round im going to get a ICE box cooler deal and see if that will keep it cool. It says it will and my Hydro store guy is high on them. Be sure to get a charcoal filter and send that air out. I have a total of 3 fans sucking and blowing and it seems to be there right fit. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply. How many plants do you have under your three 600 lamps and what are the deminsions of your room? I am alloting 15 in per plant to ensure there is no over crowding. With that being said if I did the larger room i would be growing 27 and the smaller one I am considering would be 20 plants. thanks again

This round I have 13. I had 2 not make it through the veg stage. Light is very important, dont have too many plants per light. I do a max of 5 per light and will be adding I am adding 1 more light next round. My grow area is 4X9 approx.

Back
Top Bottom