Senator Murphy Pushes For Federal Medical Marijuana Law

Robert Celt

Connecticut U.S. Senator Chris Murphy met with medical marijuana patients at a state dispensary today to highlight what he calls the need for a change in federal medical marijuana law. Even though medical marijuana is now legal in Connecticut and other states, the federal government still considers marijuana an illegal narcotic regardless if the use is medical or not.

Murphy toured Prime Wellness of Connecticut in South Windsor today, one of six dispensaries in Connecticut where patients can get medical marijuana. "This drug is currently classified as a narcotic with absolutely no medial benefits. That means research can't be done at the federal level, and government is getting in the way of science" Murphy said.

Medical marijuana patients there touted the effectiveness of the drug. Gary Pozatto of Vernon has glaucoma. "This product is saving my eyesight. I take no other medications besides medical marijuana. Last year I went in for my eye exam and my eye site actually improved.

Murphy says he and others in Washington are pushing for federal medical marijuana laws so that the federal government can catch up with states like Connecticut.

Sen_Murphy_Tours_MMJ_Dispensary.jpg

News Moderator: Robert Celt 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Senator Murphy Pushes For Federal Medical Marijuana Law
Author: Darren Kramer
Photo Credit: None found

Back
Top Bottom