Sex help

smokesp0t

So i have a little kush baby at the moment... here it is ...
DSC03433.JPG

It is just growing its preflowers ( i think ) right now and is smelling of that unmistakable kush-ey smell... i was just wondering if the smell is any kind of an indicator towards gender. Any Ideas I'd be really grateful for

ahhh nice one thanks... i just wondered. Yeah it is still in veg, but it is possible to determine sex from the preflowers before i change the light times? Is that right or do i have to wait until i make it flower before i will know the sex for definate. Thanks for your help

Preflowers is the sign of a mature plant that is ready for flowering. You can force a plant to show earlier by changing the light cycle, but it's usually best to wait for the plant to fully mature first. By the look of yours it's probably getting really close to showing sex. I can usually tell by the time I have the 6th node. 100 x microscope for all the dough! :ganjamon:

Thanks a lot for the help, i really appreciate it. I'm just gunna wait it out. Let's just hope shes a baby girl :)

Preflowers is the sign of a mature plant that is ready for flowering. You can force a plant to show earlier by changing the light cycle, but it's usually best to wait for the plant to fully mature first. By the look of yours it's probably getting really close to showing sex. I can usually tell by the time I have the 6th node. 100 x microscope for all the dough! :ganjamon:

How much sooner can you tell the sex with a 100x scope? I was going to buy one for the trichs, I am intrigued about being able to sex the plants faster.

On average by day 24 or 25. It's about 3 1/2 weeks from seed. You can really see the little tiny pitcher shape forming with the 100 x scope. I guess it would shave 4 days - 1 week off sexing. There is also no question whats a boy and girl with the 100 x scope. Even in the very early developement of flowers or balls you know which is which.

A 100 x scope is great for viewing trichomes. It's also invaluable for sexing IMHO.

:goodluck:

Whats the hurry in knowing the sex?

If you post some good pics of the nodes, we can all speculate on the sex for you.

There was a hurry on sexing them....Im on a budget cfl/led grow because I let my buddy borrow my hps. My current grow room couldnt be vented well enough for the hps. So I wanted to be able to concentrate the light I have on the females.

I started all the plants on 12/12 as soon as they were 3" tall. I turned them back to 24/0 after 2 weeks.....the onset of flowering took place however they are undertermined. Ive sexed plants early before......however there may have been light interuption from the power strip?..... This also sucked because for the transplant I only had enough soil for 2 pots........so the third was planted in.....cringe.......MG.

Now Im just letting the 3 grow......I'll definitely take pics when I return to 12/12......I just need to find the stupid camera cord. Im definately getting a 100x for the trichs though.

flipping the light cycle like that, so early, can lead to stunted growth. - so it really can slow you down more than speed anything up.

if the starts are crowded before sex shows, they will also be too crowded once they are flowering. (even after removing any males)

What do you mean by starts?

I wish I hadn't sexed them early now that they aren't showing :)

Just with the MG soil and wanting to start clones asap i said screw it..

Edit: You mean the flower starts right? lol im so high

starts = small plants. really anything before they are put into budding stage.

Back
Top Bottom