Sex

This picture shows white hairs. Right near the stem. This should help you when looking for a female plant.

Attachments

• 14212693-1A1C-4604-A4B7-8C55178DD219.jpeg
    14212693-1A1C-4604-A4B7-8C55178DD219.jpeg
    684.8 KB · Views: 49
Hello , those are the pre hairs of a female plant you are looking for in the pic above but these will start to show before you flip to 12/12 lighting as it is called pre flower all female plants will show these hairs , it means they are now old enough to flip to 12/12 if you so wish but you don't have too it depends on how tall you want your plants to be ,male plants will show a extended sac -ball when they are old enough , you can flip a female before the hairs show but why waste time on a plant if it turns out to be male ,unless you need seeds .wait till you see a couple of the hairs , then flip if you want .i find about 4-6 weeks into veg they start to show up but every plant is different and may take longer or shorter time to show .

Hello , those are the pre hairs of a female plant you are looking for in the pic above but these will start to show before you flip to 12/12 lighting as it is called pre flower all female plants will show these hairs , it means they are now old enough to flip to 12/12 if you so wish but you don't have too it depends on how tall you want your plants to be ,male plants will show a extended sac -ball when they are old enough , you can flip a female before the hairs show but why waste time on a plant if it turns out to be male ,unless you need seeds .wait till you see a couple of the hairs , then flip if you want .i find about 4-6 weeks into veg they start to show up but every plant is different and may take longer or shorter time to show .

Hey @NOOOBIETON Let me tell you, this is the best explanation of pre hairs and the timeline to flip that I have read. Or maybe all my studying :nomo: allows me to finally get it.
Either way, thanks! :thanks:

I find pistols show up around week 10. Especially if they are filling up bigger pots. For example if I have a really vigorous grower that's already used up a #1 pot and now is in a #3 it won't be long and they will show.
When in doubt take a clone and toss the big one in bloom

Back
Top Bottom