should i add humidity?

paul1791

My grow room is in my basement and it being a winter month my humidity hovers in the mid 30.s. I understand that this is not optimum but having read about problems that high humidity can cause...shall I bother upping the humidity by using a humidifier or not bother. My temps are mid 70's and plants are about 5 or 6 inches tall

My humidity is about the same in the winter. 34% as i write this. I wouldn't worry too much unless it gets into the 20's. You may just have to water a little more often since the soil may dry out quicker. Shouldn't have to worry about mold though :)

I'm flowering in a fairly small closet (2x5x8) and humidity was around 30%. I didn't want the added hydro expense of using a humidifier so I'm using a cheap aquarium air pump with a 6" bubble wand in a tray of H20 placed close to the circulation fan. Very cheap to run and it raised my humidity from 10-15%.

i just added a method for more humidity to my closet grow and mine is about 31% (if i keep my closet doors open it goes up to 44%, weird to me but oh well) and the humidity monitor is at the very bottom right beside the pot. Soil temp is 80-81.5.F and at the very bottom, the temp is 76.F

Good common sense Erk (cheap to run 2) but for anyone using co2, it won't work.

Thanks alot dip, all my method is:

Get a towel (depending how ur setup is) this method works with my setup... Wet it frequently i have mine laying down flat right beside the pot. my pot is siting in a tank so, i have another dry towel covering the top half of the fish tank so that the cool side will keep cool and trap the humidity that the towel/water pots make. The dry towel will help trap it also and it will travel towards the pot, then out in the air.

Hope this helps..

Erk..after reading my reply a second time, I thought it could be taken as a jab. Didn't intend it to sound insulting.
I love the towel idea...think I'll try it.

Erk..after reading my reply a second time, I thought it could be taken as a jab. Didn't intend it to sound insulting.
I love the towel idea...think I'll try it.

Pffffft, oh no problem dude, i didnt take it as insulting just some good facts you know...

There are 100's things that will work.

And look i got it too 39% off of just 1 towel.
DIGI00015.JPG

(I recommend spraying the towel with cold water everyday if you can.) Depending how good your enclosure captures and traps the humidity....

The wet towel isnt in the picture but its behind the 2 water bowels also for helping the humidity.

How about hanging the towel on a string with the end of it IN the bowl of h20...sorta like a wick? (the lenghts we go through to keep our ladies comfy lol)

How about hanging the towel on a string with the end of it IN the bowl of h20...sorta like a wick? (the lenghts we go through to keep our ladies comfy lol)

hey dip Thanks for the extra tip, but i think im going to stick with my method. I think that would create electrical hazard is my situation...something can hit my light and make it fall in the water with the towel and make catch fire, then all my clothes and other personal things would be ruined in my closet.

And sticking a constantly wet towel wont create a mildew smell ?

Back
Top Bottom