Should I clip fan leaves or add fert?

erockhardass

Hello...I am 1 week into my flowering cycle using HappyFrog soil with an afghani-kush strain. My ladies are about 2 feet tall, and I have not used any nutrients at all yet. I also have some really large fan leaves on every one of them, and I am wondering if I should start using nutes and should I clip off any of the leaves? Ill post pics if it would help.

erock, post up those pics and I can try and give ya some help, but generally speaking I would advise against any sort of pruning of fans leaves unless it is totally necessary or the leaves are dying or dead.

and I am wondering if I should start using nutes and should I clip off any of the leaves? Ill post pics if it would help.

Yes post up some pics for us this helps a lot.
What type of lighting is being used?
How close are they to the plants?

Unless fan leaves are in the way keep them on the plant as they provide energy
" Photosynthesis" to the plants needs.

Cut back all " N" and hit them with " P" for all budding applications.

General rule of thumb I use for over 30 years. If it is yellowing leaves, take them off. If leaves are green keep them. If they prevent light from getting into your buds clip them off. Never take them off " Just because"... When one gains more experience thise judgements come easier.

Leaves are a plant's energy factories.

I am using 2 400 watt HPS lights, and a 400 Wat SunGrow with flowering bulbs.

I noticed today that some of the leaves are developing yellow around the edges, or some leaves are getting gray and crispy on certain plants. I water them every other day, they are about 2 feet high, and in 3 gallon buckets. The lights are about 30-36 inches from the tops of the plants.

Should I start using fertilizer? and if so, can you recommend any good kinds?

I will post pictures soon.

It would be real nice to see those pics erock. Without seeing them I can say a couple of things though... First, I would go ahead and put your babies into 5 gallon pots. Second, I would prefer a pic but without it and from what you say I think it is definetly time to start nutes. Now I have a couple of questions... what is the temperature in your room? what is the ph of your soil? and how are you ventilating your space since it sounds like you have some serious potential heat building? Again, get those pics up and it will be easier to help.

Hello again,

Is it really necessary to put them into 5 gallon pots? I have alot of them and I really dont want to go out and buy that many more pots. The temp in the room is about 70-80, and i have 3 intakes and the room is not insulated, and is high up so there is always a breeze going through so air escapes the room. Ventilation does not seem to be an issue. I am going to the grow store today, so what type of nutes should I get?...and is it really necessary to get bigger pots?

Ok so I am transplating them from 3 gallon to 5 gallon pots. Will this have any negative effects if they are already a week into flowering? Also, I am mixing my Happy Frog with Perlite, and the only Perlite I was able to get was Miracle Gro, which is enhanced with nutrients, but it seems like a miniscule amount. 0.04% nitrogen, 0.02 and 0.04 of the rest. Should I not use this Perlite? Also, what ratio should I mix the soil?

Back
Top Bottom