Do I remove fan leaves?

<snip>.... My question is if I'm adding bud booster and plant food to my water will that not make up for the removal of the leaves unless the plant goes into shock??
The leaves contain the chlorophyll. Without chlorophyll the plant cannot absorb the necessary light for photosynthesis. Without photosynthesis taking place the plant cannot make use of these special plant foods no matter the quality of these products or how much is added.

Often when a grower says that their plant went into shock for several days after the removal of these fan leaves they are right. The plant stops growing for several days until it produces the hormones for new leave growth to replace the chlorophyll that the grower removed.

The link below is a very short article or encyclopedia entry on "chlorophyll" from the National Geographic.

https://www.nationalgeographic.org/encyclopedia/chlorophyll/

Join one of those gardening forums where people post pictures of their 2,000+ pound pumpkins and the like - and ask those people how often they have to defoliate their plants in order to end up with such extremely large fruits and vegetables. You'll probably get chased off the forum by a bunch of people who simply cannot believe that you aren't one of those Internet trolls :rofl: .
Yep, join one of those forums and read about which really gets done to the plant. Is it removing leaves or actually removing all the flowers and developing fruits except for the one that will become the 2,000 pound monster?;)

Selective removal of leaves can be beneficial.

In my opinion the whole 'fan leaves are solar panels' is a load of rubbish.

If it's shading a potential bud site, overcrowding the space or just in the way then chop it off. The plant is fine, it feeds from the roots, not the leaves!

Don't go crazy though, we need some leaves for photosynthesis, but not the massive bush a plant gives out.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Your absolutely right Mono.

I grow in RDWC I HAVE to remove leaves sometimes. I will tuck the first leaves that shade the first branches after topping, and I will tuck many more throughout the life of the plant, but in a few weeks the plants are growing very aggressively and I will take leaves that will be a chronic problem. You would never know I took the leaves, and they will be replaced in a few days.

Its common to see the plant pick up steam after a trimming. I never trim all the large leaves that circle the base of the plant, but I will take a few to keep the area clear but ill leave what I can.

You see ridiculous methods like schwazzing. I would never do that, but taking leaves on a case by case basis is a good thing for me. I love this topic... brings some interesting conversation. It will go seriously South on a forum like Rollitup. Reminds me of the LED/HPS conversations... those were the days

I removed all leaves from my outdoor plants this year not because I wanted to but because I was forced to. I still ended up yielding a pound per plant.
SCHWAZZING!!! HAHA!

JUST KIDDING SUCKA!

I have a question. I am in the 8th week of flower and none of my leaves are turning yellow. Is it possible I might have not calculated my weeks correct or my girls are just doing what nature has intended
them to do.
IMG_0857.jpg
IMG_0858.jpg
IMG_0859.jpg
IMG_0860.jpg

I have a question. I am in the 8th week of flower and none of my leaves are turning yellow. Is it possible I might have not calculated my weeks correct or my girls are just doing what nature has intended
them to do.

Plant looks like it has a while to go before it'll be ready.

They are looking good now what type of training are you going to do? How tall etc?

They are looking good now what type of training are you going to do? How tall etc?
I topped them a few days ago and cleaned the bottom leaves.. added bat poo and a little cal mag and my girls seemed to appreciate it.. they are 11 inches today... im nervous about trellises so gonna avoid for my first grow and use stakes and tomato cages along with more topping.. I have a 4×8 text so not wanting them to tall

20210109_140500.jpg

20210109_140437.jpg

20210109_140428.jpg

20210109_140420.jpg

Back
Top Bottom