Should i keep my extractor on 24/7?

Geordie

Hey :420:

Just a quick question and the title pretty much is self explanatory, I have a small closet grow (3rd attempt) and i have just planned 3 white widow autoflowering seeds. After 1hour of the seeds being in the closet with my T5 light on them the room temp was around 80oF, so i put on my extractor fan to suck out some of that heat build up and now i have a nice temp around 72 - 75 give or take.

Problem i have is my house can get fairly cold through the night and when the light goes off i'm worried that it might get to cold, so would you advise i turn off my extractor aswell? I can also monitor the min/high temps aswell but this will be there first night so i dont have a min temp for the overnight period.

Look forward to your advice. :thanks:

Regards,
Geordie

You will need to at least cycle the fan on and off or else you will probably find your humidity pretty high. Especially right after watering. You may either need a cycle timer or a speed control for your fan. Mine runs 24/7 with the control set at 30% or so in a 4x8 tent with 2 6oo watt hoods.

Good luck!

Thanks MacEFL,

I didn't get your advice before I rested my head so I turned them both off, I don't think any damage was was done through the night. The temp dropped to around 66 and humidity was round the 50% mark but from now on I think I will keep the extractor running. With these seeds being autoflowering do you think it's a better to give them 24/7 light, these little beauties seem to be growing at an alarming rate (a lot quicker then my last attempts) and it also got me thinking there doesn't really have to be a light cycle with auto plants.

With the seeds finishing up about 75 days after germination, I want to be able to throw as much light at them as they can take. All the seeds have just broke the the surface this morning, can I give them 24/7 light for my 2ft T5 light?

You haven't hurt anything. You actually really won't have to worry about humidity for a bit. I haven't any experience with autos so I can't help you there. Good luck!

you want to have a constant airflow to prevent diseases like mold and bug infestations. my humidity was 80%-100%+ until my buds started to get big so you shouldnt have to worry about that for now :roorrip:

if your worried about night temps, just swap the day and night cycles. have the light on in the night and off in the day. That's what i'll doing this summer because it gets real hot here in the summer.

Back
Top Bottom