AutoWhite Widow Feminised Seeds - Cupboard Grow - Organic Mix

Geordie

Hello :420:

Here is my third attempt at a grow journal fingers crossed this one is a success (**Please :adore::adore: God**)

So here we go with all the info, tool, seeds etc....

Seeds:

Breeder: Dutch Passion
Genetics: White Widow
Variety: Indica / Sativa
Flowering Type: Autoflowering
Sex: Feminised
Yield: 50 gr up to 200 gr / plant
Plant Height: 60 - 100 cm
Grows: Grows indoors, Grows outdoors
Flowering Time: 75 days

Description:

After several years of careful selection Dutch Passion are pleased to introduce their special AutoWhite Widow Cannabis Seeds. AutoWhite Widow is a vigorous and strong auto which gives a powerful effect, she was produced from their original White Widow mother plant using the same genetics which have won countless awards and satisfied thousands of growers. AutoWhite Widow is very consistent and easy to grow. Their automatic version is ready to harvest around 75 days after germination and will yield outdoor 50 to 150g+ per plant. Experienced indoor auto growers will be able to harvest 200g+ from a single plant. Plants reach around 60cm to 1m tall. The taste is fresh, citrus pine, fairly sweet and strong, and the effect is fast. Auto White Widow Cannabis Seeds produce bushy and frosty plants with numerous blooms. She produces strong aroma's during growth and dense hard buds. The effect is a well-balanced and pleasurable one, combining a powerful cerebral impact with a relaxing physical effect — extremely pleasant. AutoWhite Widow is one of the best auto's Dutch Passion have developed and is highly recommended for those looking for an easy-growing and powerful auto with generous yields

Equipment:

Euro with Maxibright Compact & 400W Sunmaster Lamp
RUCK Fan 100mm/4 Inch High Power Version (285m3/hour)
Standard Ducting - 100mm/4 inch - 5 metres
Ducting Jubilee Clip 100mm - 165mm
Root Riot 24 Cube Tray
Maxibright T5 2' 2-Way
ETI Digital Hygrometer
Plagron Light Mix 50l
15 Litre — 30cm x 26cm
Round Saucer 30cm

Plagron Light Mix:

Plagron Light Mix is a lightly fertilised organic soil mixed with perlite and is ideal for use as a potting soil with young plants. We also recommend using a light mix for all soil grows as the ability to add nutrients as required gives you more control over your growing environment. Plagron is a mixture of various types of peat combined with other fibres to increase oxygen levels. There is also perlite — expanded volcanic glass — to aid water retention and prevent the soil compacting as much.

The nutrient content of the light mix has been kept to a minimum and to get the most from your plants you will need to use a soil nutrient such as Hesi or Plant Magic.

Highly recommended. (not my recommendation*)

Now all the jibba jabba is out the way i'd like to tell you all the story of my three little babies lives and how the family is doing at the moment.

It all started on Wednesday the 12/03/14 at around 8pm, i got two small plates, a few sheets of toilet paper and a small cup of pre-boiled warm water. I places the toilet paper onto one of the plates, dampened down with some of the warm water placed the seeds firmly onto the plate, covered with 2 further sheets of toilet paper and damped once more before covering with a second plate and left of my satellite box.

The following morning i woke, ran downstairs to check on my babies and two of the three had a few millimetres of tail popping out. I gave a small mist to last them the day while i went to work. Upon arriving home that night i checked the seeds once again to find that there was a substantial growth to the roots of the two, and the late bloomer had a few mm of tail. So i left them overnight to let the the bloomer have a chance to catchup.

Friday 14th:

I woke up to the seeds all having germinated so that was 100% success :goodjob: so i got a few instant noodle containers popped some holes in the bottom and potted the three seeds and put them right under the T5 light and misted the top of the soil slightly and were left in the cupboard.

Saturday/Sunday 15th/16th:

Here is some family photo's i took over these two days and is pretty much where i am at them moment
IMG_149812.JPG

IMG_149715.JPG
IMG_149618.JPG
IMG_149520.JPG
IMG_149417.JPG
IMG_149312.JPG
IMG_149212.JPG
IMG_149113.JPG

As you can see i have two beautiful swans, and one ugly duckling at the moment but it does look like the ugly duck is starting to flourish into a swan, i'll be keeping an on her.... Unfortunately the story has come to an end for today, of for them moment anyway hope you all enjoyed it lmfao and i would hope i get a few subscribers :Namaste:

Now for some Q & A's:

1: Should i be fully watering these little babies, or just misting the tops and dampen the soil, how often?
2: How do i know if they have healthy roots, and are they getting enough water?
3: Should i be giving them nutrients now, as my mix has little nutrients?
4: I am giving these little babies 24/7 light, do they need a lights out period?

Look forward to all your feedback and support and hopefully this is third time lucky and i will get my first grow off the ground.

Thanks for your time

:thanks:

OOps: Could a moderator please put this into the correct forum, Ma'Bad sorry

Subbed.

1. The soil should be lightly moist and ensure it doesn't dry out from the lights. The seedlings wont drink too much until they roots formed so be patient. Avoid misting them as water droplets act like magnifying glasses and can damage the plant especially with the light very close.

2. the plant above ground will tell you about the roots below, strong stems and good color indicate good roots. I suggest having a fan blowing on them to strengthen them though.

3.do not feed them yet, the soil they are in has its natural nutrients as well as some small amount added I believe. Usually at least two weeks before adding nutes but it all depends on the plant the type of soil and the size of the container its in. For now your babies are fine ;-)

4. The pants can handle 24/7 I start all my plants in 24/7 until they have their first set of leaves then switch to 18/6 which is the best lighting schedule I beleive for photo period plants and autos. But you can hypothetically run autos 24/7 all they way through I beleive but would not suggest it.

Off to a good start man, have you thought about what type of lighting you will switch to when they are larger?

Hey Shrub,

Thanks for the sub and the info dude, much appreciated :thumb:

Since reading your post i have went and give the plants a nice drink, not to much but just enough to get the soil nice and moist. I thought earlier that it looked a bit on the dry side, but wasnt sure if it was safe to give them that amount with them being so young so.... :thanks:

In regards to your question about lighting when there abit bigger, i have gone for a Euro with Maxibright Compact & 400W Sunmaster Lamp and i also have Budget 250 Watt CFL Grow Light System With 1 x Blue Lamp if needed. I did want to use LED but there fairly expensive so i'm gunna put some cash away each month for them....

sounds good man should work out very well. I only use CFL's and will until I move. I will most likely get an LED setup once I have more space to devote to it out in Colorado.

But keep up the good work lots of grow vibes your way. +reps

Thanks bro,

LED seems to be the way to go at the moment, personally i've never tried or known anyone to have used LED but theres alot of LED growers here so i'm guessing its good. Think i will have a good look into some LED grow journals, see if its beneficial to or not.

I've got a small update on the babies, there getting big woop woop ;) i have got a good feeling about this grow :adore:

Day 5:

IMG_150913.JPG
IMG_150820.JPG
IMG_150714.JPG
IMG_150613.JPG
IMG_150513.JPG

Any thoughts thus far? They look nice and happy to me

LED technology has just recently reached the point where it is viable to use for growing as well as cost effective. Over the next few years I think most growing will shift towards LED as they are only being produced more and at cheaper prices. Not to mention they are capable of producing the broadest spectrum of light pretty much known to man.

Thanks for the tip buddy,

I get a little worried when i leave for work so i give them a cheeky water to last the day. Just had a good feel down the sides and your right guess they'll be good for a couple of days. My temps vary between 70 - 80 mostly, when i leave for work i open the closet door so they get some fresh air as i dont have a small fan to circulate the air, dont want to come home and find them curled up and at night i close it as it can get pretty chilly so i try n keep the temp up as opposed to letting it go below 70. Its been below 70 the first night i planted the seeds in to the soil because i turned the light and extractor off and for that reason i'm keeping the light on 24/7.

Through the day i get between 73 - 76 and i've read that thats pretty much the ideal temps. Hopefully in a couple of days we should see alot more growth, i really want to transplant these little babies into there new homes as soon as possible because there containers are very small and i want to get maximum root growth.

I would say those containers will work until the plants reach at least there second set of true leaves (not the first two single leaves). I would for sure recommend a small fan blowing on them. You can purchase one at walmart for under 15$. This will cause the leaves and stems to wiggle which in turn makes them stronger.

I have a medium sized fan that i blow onto them for about 10mins but it gets to cool in the closet when i have it blowing, i will try and get a small fan as soon as possible. The second set of true leaves are coming through now so hopefully in a few days i should be able to transplant them into there new 3 gallon containers, is there a Technic to it i'm scared that i'll tip the container upside down and the soil will go all over the place and not hold together LOL. I also just give them a nice little drink as the soil was really dry, didnt water them for two days and they looked fairly parched.

I will update with some photos later:

IMG_151610.JPG
IMG_151513.JPG
IMG_151410.JPG
IMG_151311.JPG
IMG_151212.JPG
IMG_151114.JPG
IMG_151012.JPG

looks like good node spacing, there is a little droop to the leaves possibly from over watering but I would say they are healthy. True leaves are the ones that have 5 points. and the second set of those is usually when I would transplant from that size pot. Usually not before unless out of great need.

Awww dammit!!!!

If i were to tell you that i may have jumped the gun a little bit then, and already transplanted them and watered them what would you advise?... I though they looked a little unhappy and though maybe it was time to move them as there wasnt a great deal in those pots, never thought of it being due to watering them. Infact i only watered them yesterday, before that was two days previous dont they need watering once the soil has dried?

You want the soil to be dry on the surface. You want it to dry from top to bottom and as the moisture gets released from the soil the roots have to dive deeper into the pot to follow it. Thus giving you more roots and giving you a bigger happier plant. No issues now and Im sure they will recover fine. You have to be much much more carful with over watering in a 3 gallon pot because the plant will use so little soil in the beginning it can create conditions for mold ,root rot, fungus etc. Make sure that the soil is never more than moist to the touch on top. when the plant appears to darken in color and the leaves sag it is over watered.

One of the things that kills plants by newer growers is over watering. Plants do not need water like goldfish lol. If you are using a 3 gallon pot you should learn the weight of it when its dry and then you will have a better idea when watering at the start of growth. The same go with solo cups. 3 gallon soil should take 1 gallon of water about every 3 days or so with temp around 70 degrees. When plant gets bigger it might need every 2days.
Happy Growing

Watch the plant, learn how it reacts to your environment. This plant has spent hundreds of years learning how to grow in specific conditions. Your job is to create those conditions for it. It will tell you when the conditions aren't correct. If the plant starts drinking more your temps may have spiked, if the plant has very saggy leaves and dry cracked soil it most likely needs water. If the plant is very dark in color and the leaves and stems are sagging hard then its over watered. I try to water my plants as little as possible, the less you water the stronger the plant will be (my opinion). Adding moisture to soil is easy taking it out is hard, thus the reason why more plants die from over watering. You're on the right track.

Thanks CO Finest,

Over the weekend i have been letting the soil dry up (inlaws were here for the weekend) i think it may also be good for a couple of days yet as the soil is still fairly moist about 1inch down, it wont do her any harm will it? Good thing is they have survived there premature transplant, so that's a nice bonus. I've got some nice images i'd love to share but my PC wont let me into my iPhone to get them for you all. I will try and get them uploaded asap

Watch the plant, learn how it reacts to your environment. This plant has spent hundreds of years learning how to grow in specific conditions. Your job is to create those conditions for it. It will tell you when the conditions aren't correct. If the plant starts drinking more your temps may have spiked, if the plant has very saggy leaves and dry cracked soil it most likely needs water. If the plant is very dark in color and the leaves and stems are sagging hard then its over watered. I try to water my plants as little as possible, the less you water the stronger the plant will be (my opinion). Adding moisture to soil is easy taking it out is hard, thus the reason why more plants die from over watering. You're on the right track.

Thats sound advice mate, thanks...

I feel is if i'm watching them way to much, i'm nurturing them like they were my very own children lol.... As i get used to it, like you say i will spot signs and know instantly what to do and that can only come from experience i suppose... The dark leaves i had were due to over watering, now its starting to dry out have have a lovely green starting to show again. Theres still abit of moisture there as expected so i will leave it for a further couple of days, the main thing is there looking good for now... :Namaste:

I'm now looking at some nutrients for the coming weeks, is there any i should use for seedlings?

Edit: Update Day 11

image8922.jpg
image8921.jpg
image8920.jpg
image8919.jpg

So i shouldn't add nutrients at all, or just for now? The soil doesn't carry much nutrients I don't think anyways, heres a link to the actual stuff i have used. Plagron Light Mix 50L Bag from Green's Horticulture

As for my light schedule i still have them under 24/0 and i am now using my 400w HPS light with dual spectrum bulb. Since putting this in last night I have seen a massive increase in growth today, i think with my CFL it just wasn't maintaining a good temperature in the closet and the plants didn't seem to look to happy if i'm honest...

Edit: Day 12 morning

2014-03-25_07_58_46.jpg
2014-03-25_07_58_58.jpg
2014-03-25_07_59_05.jpg
2014-03-25_08_00_03.jpg
2014-03-25_08_00_15.jpg
2014-03-25_08_00_24.jpg
2014-03-25_08_00_39.jpg
2014-03-25_08_01_01.jpg
2014-03-25_08_01_08.jpg
2014-03-25_08_01_12.jpg
2014-03-25_08_01_17.jpg