Stradith's First White Widow Grow Journal - 2016/2017

stradith

Welcome to the beginning, and thank you for tuning in:) This is not my first hand at growing, however I would consider myself a novice. What I am striving for here is to post as much detail as I can throughout my grow. I am hoping this will provide feedback to my successes but most importantly my mistakes so that we as a community can learn and benefit from the information found within. So here goes!

- White Widow Feminized CK Seeds, Indica 60%, Sativa 40%
- Starting from seed, currently germinating
- Indoor soil grow, starting in rock wool cubes and transplanting up as they develop
- Lighting will vary throughout development
- Vented and air cooled room, temp varies from 60F to 80F, RH @ 50% to 60%
- Media PH goal 6.0 – 6.8, using color strips to test
- No pests to make note of yet
- Will water once the pot becomes light to pick up, aiming for once or twice a week.
- I will be using the General Organics GO box at the recommended dosage per their provided feeding chart

I am attempting a semi-organic grow, using a broad range of materials and amendments in my soil mix, as well as regularly fertilizing with bottled “organic” liquid products. As I am already heavily invested in a nutrient lineup, I do not intend to top dress after or make use of compost tea in my grow as my budget won’t currently allow it. I intend to implement low stress training, regular pruning and topping/fimming throughout my grow.

My plants will be germinated from seed and propagated in rockwool cubes in a humidity dome. Then they will be transplanted into larger fabric containers and moved into different growing spaces throughout their development. I will be using 1 gal, 3gal and 5gal containers respectively. My soil mix is homemade and the details of its contents will be listed below.

Approximately: 25% Peat Moss, 25% Coco Coir, 20% Perlite, 10% Vermiculite, 5% Expanded Clay, 15% Worm Castings. Additional amendments (all applied at a per gallon of potting mix rate): Glacial Dust @ 15ml/gal, Rare Earth @ 15ml/gal, Azomite @ 15ml/gal, Green Sand @ 45ml/gal, Kelp Meal @ 45ml/gal

In my soil mix, I used a bagged “organic” herb and vegetable mix as a source of peat moss and to add some compost to the mix. The bagged mix contains: peat moss, peat humus, compost, perlite, gypsum, lime stone, “organic fertilizer” and Mycorrhizae (I will be adding additional Mycorrhizae in the plant hole every transplant). I am attempting to provide a broad spectrum of trace minerals and nutrients for my plants throughout their lifecycle. I am considering adding bat guano to my soil mix, but I am hesitant. My hopes would be that the added nutrients available in the soil with the added guano would allow me to go without or minimal liquid fertilizers until the plants are in full veg, though I do not want to run into issues with burning.

As for my liquid fertilizers, I will be using the complete General Hydroponics GO Box lineup. I will be mixing all my nutrients into one-gallon jugs per the provided feed chart. For example, my first feeding will include 5ml of Grow, 5ml of CaMg, 5ml of Root, 2.5ml of Weed, 5ml of Marine and 5ml of Diamond all mixed into each jug. I am not certain if there is a preferred order for these nutrients to be mixed in, currently I add Diamond, then CaMg, then Grow and then everything else in no order. I then mix it all up and feed.

My grow room is in a top floor apartment room with AC/heating. In my grow room, I have access to three separate grow spaces. One space for germinating and seedling growth (in a bathroom with 147w worth of CFL bulbs), one space for vegetative growth (in a closet with 712w worth of CFL bulbs) and one space for flowering (a 2’ x 4’ x 6’ 600w HPS grow tent).

My apologies if that was long winded, but I hope the attention to detail will be helpful. Thanks for the read and stay tuned for updates and pictures!
IMG_290215.JPG

IMG_290310.JPG

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom