My Second Grow 1200w Power Plant

Re: My second grow 1200w Power plant.

Wow, any band that can cover Pink Floyd tunes well has my respect.

I am a very big Pink Floyd fan. I remember ditching school when I was a kid so I could stay home, put on the headphones, smoke some weed, and crank some Floyd ;).

I am also a very big fan of their song titles, especially that one. It has some profound meaning for me on several different levels.

To go more in depth on that, I would have to get all spiritual, but it's a song title that I feel sort of defines my life and I can't read it without it affecting my spirit and energizing me.

Yeah the tribute band i saw blew me away! i saw them last year for the first time and to be honest i was a bit skeptical because as you say it's not a easy job doing well at covering Floyd music but they were superb! the Australian pink Floyd are meant to be very good aswell but i haven't got round to seeing them yet. Pink Floyd are one of those bands that gives me goose bumps and feels like the music touches my soul its so timeless and perfect i also used to take m*gic shr**ms when i was younger and you can hear how there experiences of doing similar things come out in the lyrics some times especially dark side of the moon.

Here's a link to the Pink Floyd effects site the video's aren't to great quality and you really have to be there to hear how good they are but it will give you an idea. The Floyd Effect - Pink Floyd tribute

Cheers to Floyd.. i also saw a cover band "Wish you were here" at a festival in ohio, it just so happened to be like.. a week? after syd died :( ... that was an amazing show and just place to be that weekend

haha doc that bathtub shot is Absolutely great.. im glad you actually posted that, thas awesome

Hello Odorous i just you tubed that tribute band you saw they looked quite good it must have been a nice atmosphere seeing them at a festival.

Hello peeps Ive finally got round to doing a update i think my plants are looking good and the rhizotonic done its job of easing transplant stress very well here's some pictures.

PP_15.jpg

PP_close_up.jpg

PP_side_view.jpg

I really like those plants that grow 3 sets of leaves to begin with (not to sure if there's a word for them) i got 1 out of 15 plants i got one last grow and it was biggest producing plant i had any way here's the one Ive got now.

Tri_PP.jpg

I think the leaves look like they could be greener there should be enough fertilizes naturally in my soil mix i was tempted to give them a small amount of liquid fertilizer (canna vega) but there probably fine how they are and i don't want to give them nute burn so i will just see how they go. What do you guys think? do you think they look hungry or are they fine?

Those plants with three sets of leaves are called trifoliate. I had one in my "setting sun's second lowryder grow" journal.

That plant didn't turn out the biggest, but it turned out the stickiest :grinjoint: I wish I had thought to pollinate it and make some seeds that would hopefully carry the trifoliate gene, but I just forgot to and only pollinated my biggest girl.

If I was you, I would wait a day or two and see what the trend is on the general color as far as nutes. They're not dark green, but they're looking great otherwise.

your pic from the side to show height is something I wish more people would do.

thanks for the update bro!

Hello again setting sun thanks for the speedy reply trifoliate nice I'll have to remember that.

Is it possible that my plants are getting every thing they need and them not being dark green could just be a trait of Power plant?

yeah i thought i would put up a side on view of my plants because perspective is very important with photo's i try and do my journal how i would like to see other peoples.

the girls are lookin great brother.. looks like theyre about 1 node ahead of mine haha so thatll make this pretty interesting, for me anyway lol

idk bout the nute thing, i was thinkin the same thing when mine were all light n i upped my ppms but im newbish :/... right on tho man look fantastic

Hello again setting sun thanks for the speedy reply trifoliate nice I'll have to remember that.

These plants are a constant source of fascination, and my plan is to grow them constantly :grinjoint:

Is it possible that my plants are getting every thing they need and them not being dark green could just be a trait of Power plant?

I would think it's possible, but I've never grown that strain. I do have 10 regular PPP seeds in the refrigerator that I ordered a couple months ago, because everything I've read and seen on this strain makes me think I'd love to grow it and smoke it!

yeah i thought i would put up a side on view of my plants because perspective is very important with photo's i try and do my journal how i would like to see other peoples.

I can sense that in your journals, and your grows are some of my favorites to follow.

smoke on brother!

Hello folks I'm doing another update as Ive gone all lst'n/topping crazy! Ive topped the tallest plants i think it was 9/15 topped and Ive lst'd all of them. Hopefully i will be able to keep them all roughly the same height as they grow if one plant gets taller then the rest i will just keep tying them down and manipulating the plants to create reasonably small bushy plants with an even canopy well that's the plan any way.

Image0132.jpg

Image0142.jpg

Image0165.jpg

Image0151.jpg

Image0173.jpg

Image0182.jpg

hey man sweet pics! thas gonna help me out cuz i think im gonna start lst'ing mine right now real soon n that loooks like a sweet job bro

plants are lookin great!

hello Odorous I'm glad you like the pics and thanks for the compliments i would recommend lst'n to any one its not just useful for height restricted grow rooms after doing it on my first grow and seeing the results i think i will do it for all my future grows i was highly influenced my Mcbudz grows just remember to always counter tie when lst'n if not the plant will uproot.

Lookin great so far Doc!

I will be keeping up on this journal for sure. Plants look great man cant wait to see some lst results.

Cheers Doctor dread.

Here's a picture 16 hours (of lights on) after lst'n so people can see how they have turned into the light the stems that Ive tied down have already turned upwards just after the twine and started growing up straight i cant wait to start seeing little stacked bushes.

16_hours_after_lst.jpg

A little tip when topping is not to do it any time before lights out as you will run the risk of mold and disease in the open wound also i like to nip the top of with my fingers and gently press the wound together i think this helps the healing process.

Hello Phatblunt always a pleasure to hear from you! i hadn't really thought about what i will be aiming for but now i think about it 2 pounds will now be my target i got 2 ounces shy of 1.5 pounds last time and that was with the problems i had during that grow. yeah i will still be using canna nutes i don't want to change to much things from last grow that way i will see the difference the few new things that i have changed have on the plants compared to my last grow. I will have the same amount of light this time but i have more plants and i will be using all the space in my tent rather then about 70% last time and i might use both my 250w cfl's Blue spectrum to suppliant the hps.

As you probably already know from reading this journal i have changed my soil to 2/3 plagron light mix and 1/3 canna terra pro plus i didn't want the soil to be as heavily fortified as last time so i have more control over feeding i also have put in dolomite lime to help buffer the pH i think that might of been where i went wrong last time when my plants went yellow the pH probably dropped in the last month or so i hope i am right because that would mean i wont have the same problem this time. The other thing i thought it could be was the water I'm using has got a fairly high ppm i think it's about 220 (EC 0.4) i had planned to get a reverse osmosis machine but i got low on cash if the yellowing happens again i will know it's most likely the water.

Alright, Im pretty sure the extra plants should bridge the gap to 2 Lbs.

Ig it was your Ph, your right you shouldn't see the same problem arise.

if it shows then it has to due with the nute, I also ran into the exact same problem but mine didn't make it thru flowering and my Ph was also off so im hoping its just Ph.

also about the water 220 seems alright but you never know whats in the tap, you would let it sit for 24 hours right?

If i may, I would recommend getting Botanicares Cal/Mag supplement. Last note, do you plan on using Canna's PK 13/14 this round?

Yeah i always let my water sit for 24h+ i also have a air stone in it i don't think i will need to use a cal/mag supplement with tap water with a E.C of 0.4 there's bound to be cal/mag in it. r/o machines filter out the cal/mag so it needs to be put back in but tap water is fine plus dolomite lime has cal/mag in it. If i do get any deficiency's then i have some Epsom salts from my last grow.

yeah i will be using pk 13/14 again i definitely noticed it's effects last time.
i ran out of rhizotonic later on in my last grow but Ive got a big bottle now and it should last also i use a bigger dose of it when i transplant.

Looking good so far Dr.T - I'm tuned in and appreciate the LST images and advice. I'm just starting my first tent grow and want to LST my plants as well. Yours are looking great.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom