Should I snip these yellow seed leaves?

Bimmer85

So one of my plants was "overnurterd" by me being this is my first grow I got carried away with water and nutes. Anyway she has since made a full recovery but those first 2 "seed" leaves have since turned yellow. They are not withered up or anything but yellow. Now Iv heard they eventually fall off later from lack of light ect but so IM not worried but my issue now is the plant spending energy trying to heal these leaves. Should I leave them be or snip them off? Will more energy go into repairing these yellow leaves or more into reparing the small area where I would snip them. Ideas/opinions please???
IMG_049917.JPG
IMG_051016.JPG
IMG_050911.JPG

they're dead (as far as your plant thinks). and it doesnt matter what you do. the amount of energy it would take for the plant to drop them herself, or to repair itself from you snipping them, is next to nothing, and the plant wont even blink either way.

I disagree. Anything can stress these plants at an early stage of development. I would just leave them till the plant gets at least a foot tall. Then the plants are pretty stable and it can be trimmed.
That does not look like very good soil for clones or seeds. Use a good potting soil till they're ready to be transplanted into 3 gallon pots.

Hmm, Iv never really noticed the stress from stuff like that as long as they are healthy, infact, once they have about 2 more nodes then that I normally give them a trim. Knock off they bottom leaves. And they don't seem to skip a beat.

bimmer,

why cant you just leave your plant alone and let it grow! my god ur gonna end up murdering this poor girl. Also, is your "potting mix" even for pots? it looks like top soil with mulch...

Back
Top Bottom