Week 7-8 lemon bud has these yellow growth, any ideas?

boxgrow

I think my flowers are looking good overall but I've just noticed 1 or 2 yellow shoots? Could this be yellowing sugar leaves and should I be worried?

1660974113678.png

1660974142420.png

1660974161611.png

Last week I flushed these plants and took the nutes off. Was shocked at leaves yellowing and thanks to the good guys here, I've learnt flushing is optional and has since resumed the nutes.

Thanks all!

Yes you can just pull them off but you still may get a few seed as one picture looks as though the nanner has shed its pollen already. The seed won’t be in the nanner, it will be in the bud near where it was.

It takes about 3-4 weeks for viable seed to develop so you may not get any depending on how long it’s been since they started and how long before you harvest.

Looking at that bud, I would guess you are within a week or 2 of harvest.

Keep any seed you do find, they will be fems and you can grow them out. Originally, fem seeds where made by Rodelization which is allowing the plant to grow WAY beyond what it should be grown. After so long growing without being pollinated, survival mode kicks in and female plants self pollinate.

Yes you can just pull them off but you still may get a few seed as one picture looks as though the nanner has shed its pollen already. The seed won’t be in the nanner, it will be in the bud near where it was.

It takes about 3-4 weeks for viable seed to develop so you may not get any depending on how long it’s been since they started and how long before you harvest.

Looking at that bud, I would guess you are within a week or 2 of harvest.

Keep any seed you do find, they will be fems and you can grow them out. Originally, fem seeds where made by Rodelization which is allowing the plant to grow WAY beyond what it should be grown. After so long growing without being pollinated, survival mode kicks in and female plants self pollinate.

Thanks again mate

That is a good chunk of insights I will remember forever. I guess it's not that bad to get hermie after all?

Now I just remembered this and I hope you could verify please?

So I grew this lemon OG plant from a bagseed of a lemon OG bud. I was like wow, hey a seed!. Planted it, took clones and 7 months later this is was I have. So my question is, among others:

1 - do hermies come from hermies?
2 - my exhaust fan stopped working yesterday, took an hr to notice and fix, could this be why?
3 - I flushed the plant last week, but upon noticing yellow leaves I resumed nutes, is this why?

Thanks the celt

If you found a seed in a bud chances are it’s either due to the mother having sprouted a few nanners, it came from a grow where they had males or they were reversing a female for pollen and some made its way to the bud you bought. Most likely the first option, most growing bud for sale, don’t often let pollen anywhere near their crops But it happens.

As for your girl, it might be genetic or it might be a genetically weak plant prone to stressing easily. I ran an experiment last year on a grow of 3 strains, all clones from mothers I had flowered the previous grow. I did everything I could possibly do “wrong“ to stress the hell outta them, through flower. I left the door to the tent wide open for ambient light (light leaks), messed with the lights on schedule , 12/12 for 2 wks, then 15/9 a week, then 14/10 the remainder of the grow, I kept the temperatures down around 70 and the only thing I couldn’t mess with was nutes as I grow in LOS.

After all that, I had one THC Bomb plant throw out a few nanners and got a handful of seed from it with only a few that were viable.

Its doubtful anything you did caused her to through nanners, but if you can grow her another 2 to 3 weeks before harvest, you might get a few viable seed for you next grow :)

If you found a seed in a bud chances are it’s either due to the mother having sprouted a few nanners, it came from a grow where they had males or they were reversing a female for pollen and some made its way to the bud you bought. Most likely the first option, most growing bud for sale, don’t often let pollen anywhere near their crops But it happens.

As for your girl, it might be genetic or it might be a genetically weak plant prone to stressing easily. I ran an experiment last year on a grow of 3 strains, all clones from mothers I had flowered the previous grow. I did everything I could possibly do “wrong“ to stress the hell outta them, through flower. I left the door to the tent wide open for ambient light (light leaks), messed with the lights on schedule , 12/12 for 2 wks, then 15/9 a week, then 14/10 the remainder of the grow, I kept the temperatures down around 70 and the only thing I couldn’t mess with was nutes as I grow in LOS.

After all that, I had one THC Bomb plant throw out a few nanners and got a handful of seed from it with only a few that were viable.

Its doubtful anything you did caused her to through nanners, but if you can grow her another 2 to 3 weeks before harvest, you might get a few viable seed for you next grow :)

You even did tests?? Holy cow that's good Intel. i suppose the only attribute missing is light intensity?

You know, in the last 30 mins, I got even more gutted now that I found balls! Holy crap man. This particular plant just entered week 7. Both my lemons are now hermies although weirdly the younger plant is more hermie than the week 8 plant. I can't believe I just noticed this. I look as them several times a day mostly through the see through mylar window.

Could this happen in the span of 24 - 36hrs??

1660973688309.png

1660973728352.png

1660973773996.png

Left plant: Week 8 Lemon OG
Middle plant: Week 6 Bluecheese (also bag seed)
Right plant: Week 7 Lemon OG

Yes, damn it! so I have another different strain week 6 female n the same flower box. I really don't know what to do now. I suppose there's no point plucking the nanners since I have balls now. I just hope the sacs are sterile or something, crossing my fingers the bluecheese doesn't get pollenated

I'm pretty much f'ed now aren't I? Thanks so far mate!

naw not f’d, finish them out and watch them, you will still have some good smoke. I actually self cross plants in my small tent for seed production, some of the bud is seedless and still smokeable. As for what does have seed, I either make it into hash or oil after I remove the seed and is still potent.

Hiya boxgrow, those plants look delicious my friend.
I believe in the second picture you posted I can see seeds forming. A little frustrating but you're still gonna get some decent weed here seeds or not. When ready, dry it ...pick the seeds out of the bud then smoke it.

naw not f’d, finish them out and watch them, you will still have some good smoke. I actually self cross plants in my small tent for seed production, some of the bud is seedless and still smokeable. As for what does have seed, I either make it into hash or oil after I remove the seed and is still potent.

Yeah? Cross breed them? Will be awesome if the bluecheese actually gets lemon zested!

I do hope even if she does get pollenated, the bluecheese will still thrive in bud production in her remaining 3 weeks or so

If I do get seeds, I'll post them here to trade!
Damn this is quite exciting in a way

Thanks the Celt!

Hiya boxgrow, those plants look delicious my friend.
I believe in the second picture you posted I can see seeds forming. A little frustrating but you're still gonna get some decent weed here seeds or not. When ready, dry it ...pick the seeds out of the bud then smoke it.

Thanks mate, so gratifying to hear! These are indeed my first flowers!

I feel proud about building my veg tent and flower box but to be honest it is seeing the flowers that really makes my day. Everyday is a great day when I see them in my living room

Thanks for the advice too!, it's been very comforting to hear the priceless and such prompt responses, I really appreciate the cannabis grower community!

Thanks mate, so gratifying to hear! These are indeed my first flowers!

I feel proud about building my veg tent and flower box but to be honest it is seeing the flowers that really makes my day. Everyday is a great day when I see them in my living room

Thanks for the advice too!, it's been very comforting to hear the priceless and such prompt responses, I really appreciate the cannabis grower community!
Yes , it's very satisfying to grow your own, you should feel well proud.
Now you've got these ones nearly under your belt the next ones will be less unexpected.
Get yourself a grow journal started, there's a great crew on here. It would be good to follow along.

Yes , it's very satisfying to grow your own, you should feel well proud.
Now you've got these ones nearly under your belt the next ones will be less unexpected.
Get yourself a grow journal started, there's a great crew on here. It would be good to follow along.

Yes, I've documented everything since the beginning and will post a journal here ASAP!

I've not spoken to anyone about my grow since I begun last Oct! it was always just articles and lurking in forums until 2 weeks ago, so hearing real feedback and getting to know the community people like you truly opened up my world. I will definitely pay back by supporting the community from my experience

Thanks again lister

Back
Top Bottom