Should it look like this

@Dre tries to grow, your plant looks good, a bit small for 2 months, but looking good none-the-less. Looks like you are getting the lighting situation in hand. Follow the suggestions of the others, move the plant closer to the light or lower the light closer to the plant, and you will be surprised at how much better the plant grows with those lights you already have. I see you have a fan already.

I don't know how I missed it but I read your first msg a couple of times. I was checking the temperatures, the pH of the water, what you were fertilizing with, and your general growing method and realized your soil mix is not a soil mix.

19 to 21 Celsius is a bit cold for the plant. It will live but it is almost dormant meaning that the growth has really slowed down as you can see. About 21 or 22 Celsius and the plant will grow twice as fast. During the winter here in my part of the US the basement room will be 65 at night and it takes a couple of hours after the lights come on for it to get to 70 degrees. In the early spring the soil outside starts to warm up even just a couple of degrees and I can see that not only is the room getting a couple degrees warmer but the plants will grow faster. Warm the area up a bit at night if you can and watch the plant grow faster.

I could not figure out why it was taking so long for your mix to dry out. You are not growing in a soil mix nor are your really growing in a hydroponic mix. You are growing in Peat Moss mix with some Perlite added and then supplemented with organic style additives like the Blood Meal and the Bone Meal. There is no natural soil in that mix and there is not enough of the hydro style materials that could be added to create a hydroponic mix.

Peat Moss, once it gets very wet, can take a very long time to dry out. Since you are adding fertilizers in liquid form you have to wait days, almost a week, before you can add the fertilizers. You have to work with your soil mix so that it drains faster, dries out a bit sooner, and that means you can then add more fertilizers which have been mixed with the water. Nor is Peat Moss the best thing to try to grow any plant.

Without the natural soil added you might be creating a situation where the plant is growing slower than it should because your water pH is still not low enough. If I am remembering the water for a hydroponic style of growing should be a pH of around 5.7 or so. Keeping it at pH of 6, or even a bit more like 6.3, is great for soil but a bit to high for your hydro-soil mix.

Enjoy the day.

Back
Top Bottom