Should Medical Marijuana Be Allowed At Music Festival?

Pinch

The annual Coachella Valley Musical Festival is set to take place this coming weekend, April 29 and 30th and some concert goers users are wondering whether they will be allowed to bring in their medication.....

The Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival (also referred to as Coachella Fest) is an annual event held at the Empire Polo Fields in Indio, California, featuring musical performances by a number of artists on different stages, and a number of displays of contemporary art. The typical genres of music represented at the festival are alternative rock, rap/hip hop, and electronica. "Coachella" is a two day event. Its attendance has steadily increased from about 10——20,000 people at the first Coachella in 1999, to a sold-out 100,000 in 2004. This year's line-up includes Madonna, Depeche Mode, Daft Punk and Tool.

At last year's event, some concert goers, who were registered marijuana users under California's Prop 215, were permitted to bring in their medication as long as they checked in at the medical tent. (Under Prop 215, Medical cannabis may be legally used & cultivated by qualifed patients in California provided they have a recommendation from a licensed physician ).Cal NORML (the National Organization For The Reform of Marijuana Law) estimates over 150,000 medical marijuana patients in California (2005). At least one registered user, who submitted his medication and permit to security, at last year's concert, reported being told that marijuana was NOT allowed at the venue under any circumstances. The event coordinators have not established any strict guidelines on the issue and its anyone's guess whether medical marijuana users will enjoy the same benefits this year....????
Curious G — Fri, 04/28/2006 — 10:18am
Society — Opinion — Health
Curious G's blog — 73 reads

Pinch
I think that there will always be the law enforcement officer, concert security, someone in charge that just will not swallow medical MJ under any circumstance. It is just that way. They will not allow it even though the law will because THEY have the negative fixation in their head. There are some folks that absolutely believe that NO ONE should smoke MJ (valium, codeine, whiskey and cigarettes are ok). I was detained at the Wiltern and the manager said he was calling PD. I didn't stick around and left the pipe in the car. It is my experience to bring jays into a concert. Put them in your pocket and they are not suspicious. A pipe and you are asking for trouble.

I know for a fact that there will be many many non medical puffers that will be carrying, smoking, eating at that concert.

Hey Lizzzard - good to hear from you. I agree with everything you said.

Too bad that's way the hell down by palm springs, I'd love to go. But, you are definitely right about potholes (Assholes about pot) being everwhere. My uncle is like that about my medicinal mj. He thinks it's complete bullshit, and that I just use it as an excuse to get stoned. Pisses me off, especially since the injury that I have the med mj from was incurred saving his son's life. Fuck head.

Mr NDW.. "potholes".. I like it! :laughtwo: :peace:

Back
Top Bottom